Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob help creating a KSC for auto loading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Noob help creating a KSC for auto loading Reply with quote

I have searched but not found here, so...

I’ve made and named and saved a sample in ram.

I can find it in disk mode as a KSF file, but can’t figure out how to save as a KSC file for auto loading.

I know the sample is saved, as I can load it back into the program I created for it after a power up.

What do I need to do to get that sample to auto load on startup?

Sorry - I don’t do this very often and I can’t seem to find the answer either here or in the manual.

Thanks in advance. I’ll def. bookmark the reply so I don’t ask another time.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In sampling mode with your new custom samples/multisample (MS) loaded, choose the Convert MS to program option from the top menu. Note that before doing this, to avoid adjusting everything in the program from filter to envelopes etc, you can choose an existing (single OSC) HD-1 program which is close in terms of what your new sound will be.

For example, if you sampled an acoustic guitar, duplicate an existing acoustic guitar program you think is close to what you will want with your custom samples and note its location. Then when you use the Convert MS to program option in sampling mode, select this location and check Use destination program parameters to save time instead of programming everything from scratch.

After that, in disk mode do a save sampling data in a new directory on your Kronos SSD and add the newly saved KSC file in the auto-load tab in global mode. Then, back in disk mode, you can also do a save all or save PCG as a backup for your new program.
SKung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load your sample again and set option to clear sample RAM while loading if available. Otherwise go to global mode after loading and unload all other samples. Unloading is just from RAM and does not affect any saved files.

When your sample is the only in RAM go to disk mode.
Navigate to the folder where you want to save it. Go to save mode, open the menu in the upper right corner and choose save sampling data. leave options as they are and give your KSC file a name.

After the saving process is finished you have two .ksc files.

Go to Global mode again and to 'KSC autoload' Choose 'add KSC' and navigate to that folder again. Choose one of the two KSC files that you prefer:
The _userbank.ksc uses disk streaming, the other KSC loads the whole sample in the RAM.

After you added the New KSC execute 'Do autoload now' to reload all samples.
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant thank you both!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: