Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross 2 update and extra content now available 13 Sept 2019

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Kross 2 update and extra content now available 13 Sept 2019 Reply with quote

Update 2.21 available

And 3 content files

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2019/091302/

Do remember to create Backups prior to updating.

Thanks to Korg Italy for giving me the heads up on the updates

EDIT

Link updated 27 Sept 2019, if the above does not work in your Country try the following

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0913/

Last edited by Biggles on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update installed OK

I have also loaded and had a play of the Programs that the three packs installed.

Alone there are 30 Piano and Piano based Programs that have been added to the User bank, some of the Piano Programs are in fact layered with other instruments.

One thing that the update has not corrected in that when you change a Program whilst playing a note(s) it immediately changes to the newly selected Program, personally I would like it to hold the Program until I release the keys, then the newly selected Program would sound the next time a key(s) is played.

Last edited by Biggles on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
lidserter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Biggles!!! Thank you!!!
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
KalvinB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Biggles. I'm happy Korg finally provided the extra voices but also have to ask "Korg, what took you so long?".

I downloaded the files and firmware updater (version 1.2.1) late last night (from the Korg UK site as they still weren't showing up on Korg US). I would suggest anyone doing the update follow the Korg instructions: back up your files before loading the new voices. The new piano samples load into your user memory and you may have to delete some of your files (PCM or samples) from that 128 megs (and that takes a long time!).
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time it takes sucks.

Software for my PA took 18 months before it was modified so that it would work with it and the other P.A. model released at the same time.
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys I have to tell you that I'm quite delighted with the oasys piano. I have only installed this expansion since i don't have enough memory free. Well, a hundred megs and just 5 stereo multisamples. Less is definitely more. Included are acoustic piano mp, mf, f, ff and damper.
It's a big big step up from the stock pianos, quite resonant and full bass strings, detailed top strings, balanced mid. Obviously it's not a multi gb piano library, but for this board is quite good and enjoyable. I didn't tried the other exps since i enjoy the stock EPs and already got some juicy sounds for synth electro styles: JayB soundset, Google it, that dude is a genius.

Have a nice week,
JJ
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
KalvinB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user memory was full on my Kross 2 so I just did a factory reset to clear everything out before trying to load the new sounds: make sure you do a backup to the SD card (you can also delete PCM files and samples from the utility menu one at time but doing that took about 5 minutes for each file to unload!). The new Oasys acoustic piano is very nice and the MK V and Wurlitzer 200's in the EP file sound very good too. The synth sounds are OK but I don't use them much so I removed 'em after testing them out.

Much like the Kross editor and first firmware upgrade (version 1.1, which finally made the Kross 2 functions work as advertised) this release was way too long in coming. I bought the board soon after it was released and Korg made lots of promises then (the editor, new voices, fixes for problems with the firmware) so I'm happy they're finally coming through.
Alexx_best

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link is changed: https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0913/
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexx_best wrote:
The link is changed: https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0913/

Thanks for the link Alex, I have edited my original starter post.

Note

The original link works here in the UK so it it does not work in your Country try the second link that Alex posted which I have added to my original post to help make it easier for you.

Enjoy the updates they are well worth adding
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: