Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM EP Library for Kronos & MOTIF Coming Soon...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VGSoundtrackGuy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: FM EP Library for Kronos & MOTIF Coming Soon... Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I have had time to focus on hardware keyboard development once more. And the comments from user SLR on this forum really inspired me.

I made this post not only to announce my work on an FM EP library equivalent to my Kontakt library "EP Heaven" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z711V_pdMBQ

But to also ask you all, what sounds do you want? And also, we need some information about the Kronos' limitations with SF2s. See, the only reason my sounds ever hit the Kronos was because my library "VGSG's iKS20" were in SF2 format. And customers on their own, made it work for the Kronos. We don't own a Kronos and didn't develop directly for it.

So if we can get information on the Kronos' velocity layer limits, sample rate and bit depth limits, and most importantly, SF2 file size limits. We can proceed with this library!

Thanks.
SKung

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All information about SF2 should be in the Kronos parameter guide:
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2011/

In the section about the HD-1 engine you find information about velocity layers and in 'global mode' everything about multisamples.

I personally make an individual sf2 file for every velocity zone. Importing sf2 files that contain velocity zones can result in import problems in the Kronos because the Kronos cannot support velocity assignments for individual notes.

Regarding FM EP sounds, Kronos has got its own engine for FM sounds, the MOD-7. That engine is capable of importing patches from the DX7 and therefore can recreate EP sounds without samples.

Sampled sounds that I want are acoustic instruments (guitars, drums etc.), but only with round-robin samples. HD-1 can handle that with wave sequencing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: