Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing overall volume sliders in main volume display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Missing overall volume sliders in main volume display Reply with quote

...or am I missing something ? In the main volume display of the PA1000 and I assume the PA700 as well where you set the volumes of Upper 1,2,3 and Lower you can no longer set/adjust volumes for Drums, ACC and Bass.
I checked the manuals of all previous models such as PA2X, PA500, PA800 and PA3X and they all retained the same sliders in this menu ALSO for the Drums, ACC. and Bass. You could allocate two of those to the assignable knobs but that is not the same thing besides it would take away the charm of using these knobs for other things. YOur thoughts ?

So far I also experienced twice a Significant drop in Overall Volume while tweaking and fiddling. The max. volume (100%) would be equal to the volume normallly at approx. 50% open. Any of you who have come across this ?
I assume it is a software problem but would hate to think it is my board only
☺☺

regards
John Smies
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES,John I have also had this problem with volume drop. It's driving me crazy.
It happen on a job once also so I keep thinking it might be the compression settings but I am clueless about this.
MEL
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jOHN regarding acc. volumes go to globle menu mode preferances style 2 and there you can set acc volumes.
MEL
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mel.

About the Global volume settings, that is not what I mean.
If you look at the display of ALL previous models to the PA4X you will
see that you can change those volumes on the fly in the main volume
menu where you also change the volumes for Upper 1,2,3 and Lower.
Now these areas are greyed out and you can only press play or mute.
Should be a piece of cake for Korg to restore that function in an update,
but if they are willing to.........
As to the drop in volume, must be a bug I will pass it on to Korg overhere.

regards,
John
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHN
Try setting talk button music level to 100% I think this might stop volume drop and someone said it could be triggered by some touch setting but I can't find it
you can still talk over the music if you just don't play the right hand and turn the balance knob to keyboard side rather than acc.
MEL
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHN
FOUND TRACK MUTE BUTTONS.
When in style play mode just touch track select button below the screen next to record button and there thet are when done just touch it again and it goes back to regular view.
MEL
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORGANGRINDER wrote:
JOHN
FOUND TRACK MUTE BUTTONS.
When in style play mode just touch track select button below the screen next to record button and there thet are when done just touch it again and it goes back to regular view.
MEL

If only.....Thanks for all the efforts Mel but that is not what I mean.
Just download e.g. the manual of a Korg PA800 or PA2X and look at the main
VOLUME MENU. There you will see:
Drums // acc.//bass// upper 1// upper 2// upper 3// lower.

So without having to go in the (track select) sub menu for the individual volume tracks you can alter here, in the MAIN MENU, the volumes for those parts. It is identical to the function that you pointed out in the STYLE 2 global sub menu but it has been taken away from the main volume menu. In other words if I want to lower the volume of any of those, including the first three, I can STAY in the main menu. On top of that lowering ACC. means all the acc. tracks, whereas in the submenu that you pointed out you can alter the volumes of each individual acc. track.

regards
John
gordonw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

On my pa4x when in 'Style Play Mode', Volume Tab, there are sliders to alter individual volumes of Up1,Up2,Up3 & Lwr
but NOT for DR, ACCOMP or BASS. The option here are either PLAY or MUTE, not individual Volume sliders.

Gordon
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct Gordon, but then you have enough physical sliders to remedy this. However if you look at the manuals of even the PA3X, and certainly the PA2X, PA800, PA500 etc. you will see that in the menu you are talking about you can also use the sliders in the touchscreen for Drums, Bass and ACC. next to the sliders for the Uppers and Lower.
Thanks for your reply by the way,

regards,
John
gordonw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you are correct with the pa4x I could 'assign physical sliders' to control the volumes of DR, ACCOMP & BASS but there are no 'Touchscreen sliders'.
Having never owned previous Korgs, I obviously wouldn't know their setups.
I realise that the pa1000/700 don't have physical sliders and so can see your concern. Hope you are able to remedy this.
Regards
Gordon
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing back an old thread.

That makes sense, what the OP was saying, that on the same volume page as Upper 1, 2, 3 and Lower (all of which have volume sliders), there is NO volume sliders for Drums/Perc, Accomp, and Bass, only Play or Mute switches. This would be mighty handy, esp since Accompaniment uses 5 tracks which would need to be adjusted individually.

I suppose though that if you could adjust the 5 tracks of the Accompaniment on that page with just one slider, then when you hit the panel 'Track' button, all 5 of those Accompaniment tracks would need to be higher/lower.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:

That makes sense, what the OP was saying, that on the same volume page as Upper 1, 2, 3 and Lower (all of which have volume sliders), there is NO volume sliders for Drums/Perc, Accomp, and Bass, only Play or Mute switches. This would be mighty handy, esp since Accompaniment uses 5 tracks which would need to be adjusted individually.

I suppose though that if you could adjust the 5 tracks of the Accompaniment on that page with just one slider, then when you hit the panel 'Track' button, all 5 of those Accompaniment tracks would need to be higher/lower.

There is adjustment.

Press the Volume tab, then press the Track Select button and you have the adjustments of the higher numbered tracks and where the drum kits are located.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Randelph wrote:

There is adjustment.

Press the Volume tab, then press the Track Select button and you have the adjustments of the higher numbered tracks and where the drum kits are located.

I see that with the Track Select button it takes you to a volume page where you CAN adjust INDIVIDUAL volumes for the accompaniment. The OPs point and my point is that on the first Volume page that shows volume sliders for Upper 1,2 and 3, etc., on that page it would be handy to have a volume slider for Accompaniment, so that you could adjust all 5 of the Accompaniment levels with one slider. According to the OP, previous arrangers, like the Pa 2x, had those extra sliders for Drums/Bass/Accompaniment.

I guess I'm bringing this up 'cause if these Volume sliders were available on previous models, some of the folks would chime in and say, yes that was a great feature, why did they take it away-?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Randelph wrote:

There is adjustment.

I see that with the Track Select button it takes you to a volume page where you CAN adjust INDIVIDUAL volumes for the accompaniment. The OPs point and my point is that on the first Volume page that shows volume sliders for Upper 1,2 and 3, etc., on that page it would be handy to have a volume slider for Accompaniment, so that you could adjust all 5 of the Accompaniment levels with one slider. According to the OP, previous arrangers, like the Pa 2x, had those extra sliders for Drums/Bass/Accompaniment.

I guess I'm bringing this up 'cause if these Volume sliders were available on previous models, some of the folks would chime in and say, yes that was a great feature, why did they take it away-?

The X models are in a different league and to expect the same level of control and inclusions is a bit wishful thinking, it just is not going to happen.

There are compromises in the 1000/700 that we just have to live with or bypass them and do what Korg really want, buy a 4X
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles,
I imagine you're right, companies often leave out features that'd be easy to include but then you have no incentive to upgrade!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: