Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yikes: Just found out I'm playing in Mexico.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Yikes: Just found out I'm playing in Mexico. Reply with quote

I have a Kronos X61. The backline is a Kronos 2. I use only internal sounds. If I do a "save all" onto a thumb drive on my Kronos X and do "Load" on the Kronos 2 will all my programs/combi's Karma be the same? I know this has been covered before, but I'm looking for the absolute easiest way to get my X into the 2. Thanks.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know how many combis and/or programs you need to do your show. Hopefully not a bunch. If you can find a K2 to rent or better yet barrow, you might re-create what you need for the gig on the loaner K2 and save all to your flash drive. Sorry, but that’s all I’ve got.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my K2, I wanted it formatted the same as my original Kronos. I used the preload file from the K and loaded it in the K2. Then, a simple save all each week and just bring the USB drive with me.

I don't remember where or how I got the original preload but it wasn't hard. Either copied it out of mine or downloaded it from Korg.

Just untick the preload in the K2 and load your preload.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate all the help, but I've been going through past posts and I saw somewhere if you try to load Kronos 1 to Kronos 2 an alert will come up asking if you want to remap the programs. I'm just looking for the fastest way to get my combinations and programs from my X to the Kronos 2. I can't believe it would be that difficult. I sort of need a step by step. Sorry for being a pain in the ass. This show came out of nowhere.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The save all is only one aspect. The PCG file for programs/combis/global stuff can easily be modified. On my K2 I can instantly load the optional Factory Kronos X PCG and play everything as if it was an older unit. So no problem here, but...

2) The KSC files (Korg sample collections) on the other Kronos are likely to not be loaded the same in Global as on your unit. So make a list of them as this will have to be done as well.

3) If you use any libraries you bought online in the progs/combis you want to export, they won't work on the other unit, unless out of luck they happen to also be installed on it. So think about temporary alternative sounds in that case.

4) For your own samples and free non-factory libraries used in the progs/combis you want to export, they won't work either on the other unit but at least you can install them on the other Kronos SSD.

5) Before messing up with the other Kronos, do a save all on it as well, so you can reload it as it was before after your gig.

6) The other Kronos might not be using the same OS and firmware. If yours if a precedent version, this might not cause too much trouble, but in the opposite case you need the update files to install them as well. They can easily be found on the Kronos download site.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
When I got my K2, I wanted it formatted the same as my original Kronos. I used the preload file from the K and loaded it in the K2. Then, a simple save all each week and just bring the USB drive with me.

I don't remember where or how I got the original preload but it wasn't hard. Either copied it out of mine or downloaded it from Korg.

Geo

Just so I have this straight --- I copy the Kronos X preload file to my thumb drive, load that into the Kronos 2, and then load my Kronos X "Save All" file into the Kronos 2 and I'll be good to go? I don't use any outside or third party samples, just internal samples. Thanks.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like some tacos, please
extra guacamole

Wink
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
geoelectro wrote:

Geo

Just so I have this straight --- I copy the Kronos X preload file to my thumb drive, load that into the Kronos 2, and then load my Kronos X "Save All" file into the Kronos 2 and I'll be good to go? I don't use any outside or third party samples, just internal samples. Thanks.

Yes. In my case I have custom samples as well. They load along side with the preload. I copied those as well and all went well. Both keyboards are identical. Like it was said before, do a "save all" on the K2 before the change so it can be put back after you're done.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everybody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: