Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to find PA500 styles to load into PA700?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technobob13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Where to find PA500 styles to load into PA700? Reply with quote

Hi all

I used to have a PA500 up until around 5 years ago. I have just purchased a PA700 and would like to load some of the old PA500 styles I used to enjoy playing. Problem is I don't know where to find any PA500 factory styles in order to open them on the PA700 Sad

Is there anywhere online that has the original PA500 factory styles for downloading?

Thanks in advance...

Bob
(from Welsh Wales!)
24newpark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Pa500 styles Reply with quote

Hello Bob,
Not too sure where to go ,but might try Korg.us or Uk . It is not easy to find the bonus styles , but keep looking and you may cone up with them.
https://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/
I've have used the wonderful i30 since it came out and got the PA 700 to replace it.
I know nothing about the PA500. If you are unable to access the styles ,I can email you the ones marked Pa500.
Sean
Technobob13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Pa500 styles Reply with quote

Hi Sean

Thanks for that - I went on a hunt and eventually found this file, Pa500_res_v119 which is a Korg PA500 resource file. However, it seems the only way to use it is to do a FULL restore on the PA700 - I don't fancy overwriting any important files doing this!

Is there any way to get at the styles that are inside the *.bkp file?

24newpark wrote:
Hello Bob,
Not too sure where to go ,but might try Korg.us or Uk . It is not easy to find the bonus styles , but keep looking and you may cone up with them.
https://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/
I've have used the wonderful i30 since it came out and got the PA 700 to replace it.
I know nothing about the PA500. If you are unable to access the styles ,I can email you the ones marked Pa500.
Sean
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some resources on the Korg website for the PA500. I used to have one as well.

I downloaded the SETS from Korg's website (the Bonusware area) and loaded in the styles into my PA700. I did not have to write anything over the PA700 will replace the sounds from the PA500 with the ones on the PA700 - no worries.

I am not sure that you can extract the .bkp file...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another Korg site which has customised Styles which are part of a Songbook that runs off the Memory stick.

Osimo is available via the PA specific Korgworld.co.uk

https://korgworld.co.uk/pages/software-downloads

Whilst not specific for the 500 Osimo is a great addition to a PA

There are three versions which have different content for each model.

As it is the next Webinar is on the subject of Osimo.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the factory styles for the Korg pa80 up to the Pa3x in the Korg Bonusware style section. Listed as Paxx Preload.
24newpark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Pa500 styles Reply with quote

Hello Bob,
Go to the link I sent, select PA700/PA700Oriental, select the preload pa 500, download the Zip file, When UnZipped all the styles are in User folders + a text file listing all the styles in the folders. Put the unzipped files on a USB stick and insert into PA700.....go to media.....Load......select USB.....OPEN......Select File.......You can load this file onto a User Style 1 or 2 or 3..etc... OR you can open this file and select an individual style and load it into whatever Uaer style folder you like on the PA 700.
Did this from memory so might have missed a step or two.
Hope this helps and wasn't too long winded.
Sean.
P.S. You may have visited the PA500 area on the site make sure you are in the PA700/ Pa700Oriental Area...............DO NOT LOAD ANY PA500 Restore OR
PA500 OS Updates on the PA700 ( May be stating the obvious ).
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to consider is that many of the styles on the PA700 are from the PA500. The styles that were on the original PA series keyboards were transferred over to newer models. What Korg did was add higher quality resolution sounds, in most cases, to make individual sounds sound more realistic. They also added more effects and such as well.

There was one style in particular, Pop Rock (I believe), that did not appear on the PA600 (or the PA700). I really liked how they did that one and so that was one of the ones that I was happy to load from the PA500 baseload.

I think that you are going to really enjoy the PA700. As I stated earlier in the thread, I had a PA500. I was not terribly happy with it at the time, as I could not wrap my head around it (I was a Roland arranger user) and so I sold the PA500 around 2013.

I got my PA700 almost right when they were released (I got mine in September 2017) and I LOVE it. I use it so much that I have already wore out the joystick and need to get a joystick for it Smile

I was going to buy another PA700 later this month, but I think that I may have to wait until January to do that, due to bills and such that need to be paid.

The PA700 is a strong keyboard and certainly worthy of the 'PA' designation.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC

Last edited by Musicwithharry on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Technobob13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a fantastic response to my question! Thanks to you ALL for your replies, especially Sean and Harry Smile

I now have ALL my original PA500 styles in my PA700, and all without too much hassle, thanks to you all!!

I'm looking forward to asking a lot more PA700 questions over the long winter months ahead!

"Hwyl am y tro!"

Bob
(from Welsh Wales!)

Flag source: https://www.crossed-flag-pins.com
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that you were able to get your PA500 stuff loaded in your new PA700. If you peruse the Factory tab on the PA700 you will find that there are a lot of similar styles that were in the PA700. They usually just have better sounds in them and maybe a bit more variation than what the PA500 had in its style.

When you can, look into the Yamaha C5 piano that Reuben made. It is light years better than anything that the PA700 has on offer for a piano sound Smile

Grace,
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: