Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disk Format in Pa1000 in Utility Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Disk Format in Pa1000 in Utility Mode Reply with quote

I tried to Format my internal Disk in Pa1000 in Utility Mode just to follow up the troubleshooting regarding my issue that I explained in the sticky report.
After formatting I noticed nothing is deleted, for example, my saved set and some mp3 files.

Isn't supposed to have an empty Disk after formatting?
Thanks for any info.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Disk Format in Pa1000 in Utility Mode Reply with quote

BR wrote:
I tried to Format my internal Disk in Pa1000 in Utility Mode just to follow up the troubleshooting regarding my issue that I explained in the sticky report.
After formatting I noticed nothing is deleted, for example, my saved set and some mp3 files.

Thanks for any info.

Yes, after formatting it should be empty. Maybe you are using internal drive write protection (Global > Mode Preferences > Media page (Media Protect checkbox).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Disk Format in Pa1000 in Utility Mode Reply with quote

BR wrote:

Nothing related to Global settings or anything !
You probably had transferred those files externally in PC / Mac and files have affected by computer OS policies and attributes !
- Via MEDIA and from upper screen menu select un-protect file (normally also all folder contents) and then delete them.

Rule : do not edit or create Pa folders externally in computers , only copy single files.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Disk Format in Pa1000 in Utility Mode Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

Nothing related to Global settings or anything !
You probably had transferred those files externally in PC / Mac and files have affected by computer OS policies and attributes !
- Via MEDIA and from upper screen menu select un-protect file (normally also all folder contents) and then delete them.

Thanks Antony.
I will try again to format the Disk by selecting the unprotected option.

Quote:

Rule : do not edit or create Pa folders externally in computers , only copy single files

The only external program I use is the Korg Pa Manager on my new laptop Windows 10.
I use KPM only for merging sets and deleting "no Ref" missing samples.

I cleaned up my set from some "no Ref" missing samples and it's now clean and then saved it on a USB flash drive.
I loaded successfully this set in my completely empty Pa 1000 (no samples, no styles, etc...) without any error message from Pa1000.

I started playing first with a Factory style called "Fifty Shades", as soon as I changed from Var1 to Var2, it started to sounding weird
and the Drum sound was gone and it frozen the keyboard.
I had to reboot and start again with the same Factory style "Fifty Shades", no problem and it played correctly.

Then I started playing different styles in User area for about 30 min, switching from one style to another without any problem, so far so good.
So I kept playing and changing styles and it happened again, the Tempo and the Master Effect of the latter style changed to something else.
This problem can happens with any style in User area.

So I just stop troubleshooting and turn off the keyboard.

I have already sent an detailed email to korg support but no response from them so far regarding my issue.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you did what I've mentioned , used Win PC to edit folders so they have attributes and meta data that are not recognized by Linux !
But it's OK just unprotect them as adviced but formatting Korg Disk would not make any difference if you face incompatibility resources issues !
No Disk/mSd/HD ever participates in OS functions not even with your custom resources that are exclusively written in motherboard
flash memory , that you're calling Ram !
Your arrangers' issues are clearly based on your custom resources , not only samples , but also older PCG/STY/PRF files migrated
from Pa800 where were originally made , Pa manager can't correct faulty source code , I've been tired to shout it for 2 years ... after Pa3X ,
all same generation arrangers as Pa4X/Pa1000 will be messed up with such resources , no matter of what Korg claims , end of game !
As in Pa4x next OS , maybe a future OS update will prevent from loading such resources with "no Pa file" indication.

As first you need a factory restore , and then the only way you can see and explore your major errors is opening your SET and load
partially all Banks of all Kind of resources except Multisamples and only then you can see error warnings , never when loading a whole Set.
I can't help further (even KorgPa) in what's actually wrong there and where , the only sure IMO is that's not OS bug !
I've developed 2 complex commercial bundles of 600Mb in Pa1000 and all are working fine.

Good luck

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
So you did what I've mentioned , used Win PC to edit folders so they have attributes and meta data that are not recognized by Linux !
But it's OK just unprotect them as adviced but formatting Korg Disk would not make any difference if you face incompatibility resources issues !

I did unprotected the disk and could reformat correctly the disk even though I agree with you this is not the reason of my problem. So this is ok.
Unfortunately I don't use/have Linux OS, I use/have only Mac and now Windows 10.

Quote:
Your arrangers' issues are clearly based on your custom resources , not only samples , but also older PCG/STY/PRF files migrated
from Pa800 where were originally made , Pa manager can't correct faulty source code , I've been tired to shout it for 2 years ... after Pa3X ,
all same generation arrangers as Pa4X/Pa1000 will be messed up with such resources , no matter of what Korg claims , end of game !
As in Pa4x next OS , maybe a future OS update will prevent from loading such resources with "no Pa file" indication.

Just FYI, I loaded my working daily Pa4X Set (270MB, OS version 2.1) into Pa1000 and I encountered the same issue, Tempo and Master effects changed.

Quote:
As first you need a factory restore , and then the only way you can see and explore your major errors is opening your SET and load
partially all Banks of all Kind of resources except Multisamples and only then you can see error warnings , never when loading a whole Set.

I will do this soon.

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: