Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the Air Tonight - Drum Pattern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark vG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: In the Air Tonight - Drum Pattern Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am pretty new to Sequencer, Drum pattern functionalities in the Kronos.
For a project I'd like to play "In The Air Tonight" from Phil Collins.

Does anyone know if I can make a drum pattern like the one below in the Kronos?

I check manuals and video's but cannot find how to create the user patterns.
Most is based on using presets...

If this cannot be done in the Kronos, what would be the best alternative?
iPad app that runs the pattern "stand-alone"?

Hope someone can help

Thank you very much in advance!
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's absolutely possible to make your own user drum patterns in the Kronos. There are a few ways to get this done. For example you can program it from scratch in the sequencer, either by using Event Edit in a track or by creating patterns in RPPR mode. (See How to record a user pattern on page 602 in the Parameter Guide.) You can then convert the sequencer user pattern to a drum track pattern if you wish by using the Convert to Drum Track Pattern command (see page 669).

You can real time record it using RPPR. This vid is for the M3, but it applies to the Kronos -- the screens will be slightly different:

If you have a MIDI file of the drum pattern, you can load that into the sequencer, and then using the Get from Track command to make it into a user pattern, which you can then convert to a drum track pattern if you want. This vid is probably relevant:

You can also find and download an audio file or sample of the drum loop and create a program from that or put the audio loop into the sequencer as an audio track.

Anyway, it's certainly possible to do this. Start simple by editing patterns in the sequencer until you're reasonably comfortable making your own, and then move on to duplicating the drums for the song.

And just for fun, here's a vid showing the drum machine Phil used: https://youtu.be/8tirpIfEzqw
Mark vG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HardSync,

Thank you very much for your answer!

This was certainly helpful. I managed to create something similar enough for the project. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: