Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manual updated? Assignable knobs only global?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Manual updated? Assignable knobs only global? Reply with quote

Just curious- with the Casio MZ-X500 I had, when there was a revision of software they'd put out a new PDF that listed the changes, leaving the original manual intact.

On the Korg site I see only one link, which tells you that this manual was put out in May, 2019. So am I to assume that Korg went to the extra trouble and integrated the improvements in the OS into the original manual? That'd be much better than the Casio style of doing it!

Also- I see that the assignable knobs are only global, not per registration. Tell me there's a workaround!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With each Korg update within the extracted Zip file there is a PDF detailing the Update and what is included within the update.

There is also a separate full manual in PDF format whose name reflects that it is the full manual of the OS version number concerned since it has been amended to reflect the updates.

So in practice one ends up with quite a few full versions of the manual on the PC/MAC/iPad.

Not near PA at present so cannot answer your other query.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles, thank you, very helpful info. So it's the best of both worlds with the Korg manuals! It really is a great service by the company. With my Casio, you had this growing pile of pdf supplements to the original manual, it got quite confusing!

According to the manual, the assignable knobs are configured in Global mode. I was expressing disbelief and hoping there was more to the story, that there might be a work around.

As happens with every new board, there's always some features that seem like it's a no-brainer and yet the manufacturer doesn't go the extra mile. Another obvious one for me is that there is no separate line in distinct from the guitar/mic in. With the harmonizer feature and guitar fx, for many people those external inputs will always be plugged into. For me that's a big reason to prefer the 1000, control of vocal fx for my melodica and alto recorder.

So, when you want to play streaming music from your smartphone, or you want to use an iPad to bring in new sounds, or you want to hear the sounds of another keyboard you're controlling with MIDI. So in essence,you have to decide between that and the guitar/mic inputs. Oh well.

Last edited by Randelph on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do have their quirks.

Assignable knob function select is Global > Controllers

Quite a few different ones to choose from

If there is a workaround I have yet to find it but as I have likened a Korg manual to Klingon and as I have only had a Korg for three years I am still at the intermediate stage of learning to decipher the manual.

More inputs and controls of them would be a very desirable upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: