Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swapping between oscillators without using vector envelope.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zurgotonic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Swapping between oscillators without using vector envelope. Reply with quote

Hello there, I'm a recent kronos player, I was wondering if it is possible to change between oscillators´ 1 and 2 volume with basic key presses.
For every time I press a key, even if it was the same key held through the sustain pedal or not, like C2 for instance, it would alter between osc1 and osc2 sound.
My goal is to play my sampled bass with an up/down picking motion.

I've read alternate modulators, vector envelopes, ams, even read dynamic midi but that's for karma use I think..., I'm having trouble figuring this out.

The point is to create a playable instrument, something that works for performance, as I could obviously record control data easily and in sync with tempo or use vector envelopes.

Thank you so much for the attention,
David Caldeira
Stoffel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programming a wave sequence will do the job.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro

Last edited by Stoffel on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SKung

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can create a wavesequence of 2 multisamples, one for uppick and one for downpick.

With the 'key advance' option you hear alternatin uppick and downpick samples.

Details are written in the manual and take a look at this thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66629&highlight=robin&sid=aff889a5bf7fc3f22b5d439e6a52c931
yeskeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKung wrote:

With the 'key advance' option you hear alternatin uppick and downpick samples.

Using this technique, in my experience, if you don't release the first key before playing the second key, the second key will play the same sample. This could be used to your benefit however.

On other words, this key advance won't work if you're playing legato.

Give it a try, I love the key advance feature!
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: