Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Load Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredL61

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Auto Load Error Reply with quote

I bought the Berlin D piano and associated expansion library, I got them loaded, after a mistake I made by not unzipping the file before copying it to a USB flash drive, but now I have a new problem, the Kronos started skipping notes etc after I had played for awhile, I rebooted it and now have the "Auto Load Error" "There was not enough memory to load the following KSC files: Preload.KSC Stans.KSC"
when I go to global>KSC Auto-Load Stans.KSC is not checked. Now the Kronos is not playing many of the instruments. The Berlin Grand does not play at all, the first instrument that plays is 005: German Grand + VPM. Any ideas how to make this a playable instrument again? (I did find the "Load required Samples" in the "Main" drop-down, so I can play the instruments that were not working after that step)
What is checked is EXS1 Exspansion.KSC, EXs4 Vintage Keyboards, EXs5.Rom Expansion 2 KSC and EXs17.KSC
How do I prevent that Auto Load error" and load the required samples for the expansion without causing problems? Thank for any tips or answers in advance!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have extra custom samples resources that overflows Ram !
Go to Global/Auto Load page and leave only checked Preload.KSC & Berlin expansion.KSC (or how it's named) and press "Auto-Load Now".
Normally you can load all those factory resources under 3GB Ram installation (Kronos 1 has by default 2GB Ram) , then check available free
Ram and discover of what custom KSC files there require more than this available free Ram space !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
FredL61

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
You have extra custom samples resources that overflows Ram !
Go to Global/Auto Load page and leave only checked Preload.KSC & Berlin expansion.KSC (or how it's named) and press "Auto-Load Now".
Normally you can load all those factory resources under 3GB Ram installation (Kronos 1 has by default 2GB Ram) , then check available free
Ram and discover of what custom KSC files there require more than this available free Ram space !

Hope this helps

Thanks! When I deselect EXs 1 expansion, EXs4 Vintage, and EXS5 Rom Expansion "do auto load" is greyed out. I power cycled the board after deselecting and now when I select Preload.KSC and EXs17.KSC I see a indication that I'm over the limit. -27 over. What will I have to do to get this Kronos operational again? Why didn't the system block me from making detrimental changes that render the instrument barely operable? Do I need to wipe it? I just bought this keyboard and am beginning to feel a little buyers remorse. There is no support chat or phone number for a device that costs upwards of a thousand dollars? I understand there is a learning curve and my problems may be completely due to pilot error, but dang. I don't understand why at every boot I'm getting a warning about not enough resources to load Stans.KSC when it is unchecked in KSC auto-load, and why PRELOAD.KSC is unchecked after I checked it. When I check EXs17.KSC and PRELOAD.KSC only the memory indicator shows that I'm out of range. -27 over. Help! ***EDIT*** OK, now I get the message that the Kronos can't load PRELOAD.KSC when the only 2 I have selected are the EXs17.KSC and PRELOAD.KSC in global>autoload. Odd because one is 739MB and the other is 273MB. What gives? I don't see where to check available free ram. Where do I do that?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In top of Auto-Load page you can see available 3 GB Ram , but to be sure do the following :
Un-check all KSC files in menu and "Do Auto Load Now" , this will clear all Ram and you will be able to see your free available Ram that under
latest OS should be around 1930 Mb (Kronos X has 3 Gb Ram expansion).
If not then one Ram board might needs to be re-seated in mobo !
Also bear in mind that first Kronos 1 , needs Ram expansion !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
FredL61

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
In top of Auto-Load page you can see available 3 GB Ram , but to be sure do the following :
Un-check all KSC files in menu and "Do Auto Load Now" , this will clear all Ram and you will be able to see your free available Ram that under
latest OS should be around 1930 Mb (Kronos X has 3 Gb Ram expansion).
If not then one Ram board might needs to be re-seated in mobo !
Also bear in mind that first Kronos 1 , needs Ram expansion !

This Kronos is a 2, I understand the "Free available Ram" display at the top of the screen, what I don't understand is how to "discover of what custom KSC files there require more than this available free Ram space". The 2 .KSC listed total less than 3GB
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into disk mode, you should be able to look in the folder where your .KSC's are stored and see the size of them. Then you could determine if any of them are "unnaturally" large.
If they're in different folders, it could be a bit of hunt and peck unfortunately. I keep all mine in one because I get lost easy.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredL61 wrote:
This Kronos is a 2, I understand the "Free available Ram" display at the top of the screen, what I don't understand is how to "discover of what custom KSC files there require more than this available free Ram space". The 2 .KSC listed total less than 3GB

In a previous post you have mentioned "I select Preload.KSC and EXs17.KSC I see a indication that I'm over the limit. -27 over"
If only those KSC files are selected in Auto-Load (739MB + 273MB) then you should had over 900Mb of free Ram in Kronos 2
and these are not custom KSC but factory made files , invalid size for Kronos 2 Preload.KSC though.
This probably shows that one Ram board in motherboard do not work !
I've advised you to un-check all KSC there and "do Auto-Load now" , this way you will see your real available Ram that should be over 1,9 Gb !

Another thing that mismatches to your case is that you've initially stated " I bought the Berlin D piano and associated expansion library" ...
Kronos 2 do have loaded those resources by default and also Kronos 2 Preload.KSC consumes over 1,2Gb of Ram containing EXs17 & EXs18 ,
therefore you definitely don't own a factory Kronos 2 !
All above indicate that you own a Kronos 1 with no Ram upgrade or Kronos X with one working Ram module !

FredL61

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
FredL61 wrote:

In a previous post you have mentioned "I select Preload.KSC and EXs17.KSC I see a indication that I'm over the limit. -27 over"
If only those KSC files are selected in Auto-Load (739MB + 273MB) then you should had over 900Mb of free Ram in Kronos 2
and these are not custom KSC but factory made files , invalid size for Kronos 2 Preload.KSC though.
This probably shows that one Ram board in motherboard do not work !
I've advised you to un-check all KSC there and "do Auto-Load now" , this way you will see your real available Ram that should be over 1,9 Gb !

Another thing that mismatches to your case is that you've initially stated " I bought the Berlin D piano and associated expansion library" ...
Kronos 2 do have loaded those resources by default and also Kronos 2 Preload.KSC consumes over 1,2Gb of Ram containing EXs17 & EXs18 ,
therefore you definitely don't own a factory Kronos 2 !
All above indicate that you own a Kronos 1 with no Ram upgrade or Kronos X with one working Ram module !

Thanks for your reply, the reason I say it is a Kronos2 is because when I entered the serial # to register the expansion it listed my product as a 2, but that's a good point about the Berlin D being included on the 2, I didn't know that, I didn't see it while browsing through the patches. I solved my problem by adding RAM, now it loads all the .KSCs without error, so I'm a happy camper. I'm new to Korg so I'm at the very beginning of my learning curve, thankfully this forum is a great resource.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: