Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG X5D Battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davhill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: KORG X5D Battery Reply with quote

Hello from sunny England.

I'm planning a service on my X5D and would greatly appreciate a liitle guidance with the battery change.

First, the battery.
I am not receiving any error messages but my Korg is old enough to want a new battery.
I know it's a CR2032 but I don't ket know whether its the solder/pin kind or the slot-in type.

Before I do anything, I have the following two questions.

1: I understand that a slot in battery can just be changed quickly so that the memory won't decay in the time this takes. Is this correct?

2: I also understand that the information the battery is protecting is held somewhere in the keyboard (in Rom perhaps). Is this true and means that the info can be reloaded even after the battery has died or been removed?

Thanks in advance.
davhill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no answers as yet but I've progressed with my X5D.
I bit the bullet and removed the baseplate and fixed the modwheel (see other post).

More to the point, I found that my unit's battery is the soldered-in kind, the one
with a yellow plastic insulating ring around the outside.

Despite having no low battery messages yet, i think it'd be a great idea to replace the battery, putting in a plastic carrier at the same time. I can solder!

So, the questions must develop as follows...

If I remove the existing battery, will the information remain in the machine and how do I reload it once the new battery's in?

I know how to remove the key bed but what about the main board? Is there a link to a video or some detailed instructions?

Does anybody know the pin spacing of the battery locators?

Thanks, David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: