Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble loading styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopkinsjj9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Trouble loading styles Reply with quote

Trying to import new styles into my EK-50 (without luck!)

I have applied 2.4 patch to my EK-50 and ran format on a USB stick.
This created a EK-50 dir on the root and an empty SetList dir under that.

I then created the STYLE and PROGRAM dirs under EK-50 and copied
2BEATSW1.STY2BEATSW1.STY to the STYLE dir, renaming it to USER01.STY.

Inserted stick in EK-50, ran UserStyleLoad
It says processing, but never completes.

After a half hour, I restarted the EK-50.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Do I need to provide some other file other than a STY file?

Thanks guys
Mitzie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a different USB. I had a spot of this trouble which was solved by a different USB. Presumably the styles are compatible with the EK-50?
Backpool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try some of the PA50/80 packs on the downlaod forum page, they work ok.

Choose one on the left in the side header which offers 'dedicated' STY files

Just copy maybe one to start - USER01.STY into the style folder and it will work ( they are mostly in sets 1-3 )
They only take seconds to load - so dont hang around, if it wont load within a minute it's not going to!

Just a tip - if you want to load the 6 sets available then simply re-number a second set of 1-3's and change the numbers to from 1 2 +3 to 4 5 and 6.

Only problem is - without a 'style manager' we are limited to what is contained in these and cant 'hand' pick' the contents within each to make six folders of 16 to make up the loadable 96 slots.

If you get a way to do this then please share..... as myself and Mitzie would be very keen to know .....maybe it could be done on another model arranger - saved to usb and simply loaded then to the EK50

Hope you manage ok

Keith

ps....going to try on the Liverpool - load back to Laptop and then copy to stick to load on EK50

Last edited by Backpool on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
crk3074

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: EK50 Indian sounds & styles Reply with quote

Hello
I am looking for Indian styles & sounds for my new EK50

I was told that the PA50 styles are also compatible? if someone can help.

@Backpool - can you share the link where the PA50 styles are available for downloading?

Thanks
Backpool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just the download section on here - see pa50/80 sets

- http://www.korgforums.com/downloads.htm

You will need to manage them though as there is no way of sorting/managing on the ek50 itself . as there are no 'dedicated' sets of 16 which suit the ek50 when you load you sort of 'get what your given' ....if you see my point.

It is high time somebody in the style houses were selling something 'specific' for this model ....I really think they are missing out on business here.....noboby to my knowledge is producing anything ....Yes, you can buy ek50 styles but non in correct numbers within each folder to suit the various genres !!!

The big issue here is - Unlike PA models, where you can load and then sort out style sets on the actual board itself, you just CANT with the EK50
Ok I dont expect this facility and function on a board at such a low price point , but if user styles are able to be loaded, we should then be able to have access to fully suitable style packs to do this with.

Best of luck - Keith
alex3000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://vnclip.net/video/bCrJ8QHNy-c/korg-pa50-styles-part-07.html

сrk3074, hello! I really liked these styles in the video, but I can not download them in any way for some reason. And there just Indian styles. The author of the video indicated a link at the bottom of the video, but it does not open. Maybe you will open?
ghostler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a net search I came across your thread. I bought my EK-50 several years ago, which did not have the styles loading function, but was available shortly after as an operating system upgrade to version 2.4 (latestis 2.9 with a minor enhancement and bug fixes). Thus, the manual lacked this information. It took a little learning curve to figure out how to do.

Regarding USB thumb drives not working, I have an older 1GB. Although I formatted it with the EK-50, it would hang when attempting to upgrade operating system. However, an older 4GB thumb drive works fine. Thus it validates the statement that some work whereas some don't. It is best to have a dedicated thumb drive that works. Then the issue of compatibility / reliability is resolved.

What made it hard to upload styles was most articles and videos simply stated to copy the styles to the thumb drive, not also mentioning that there needs to be a "Style" folder on the drive after the EK-50 folder. I found that the latest EK-50 PDF owners manual in Korg support has the detailed instructions.

Yes, the issue of not being able to separate styles individually, so one has only what they need on the keyboard is a drawback. An editor on a PC would be great so one could create their custom set for uploading. I find the EK-50 nice because it can be used in venues where if stolen, it is not a great loss. The technology has matured enough that one can make do with its features.

However, the lack of flexibility in custom uploading lends me to seek after a PA700 or PA1000. I don't know if there is much difference between the 2 to make the PA1000 a better purchase or not.
paolov

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex3000 wrote:
https://vnclip.net/video/bCrJ8QHNy-c/korg-pa50-styles-part-07.html

сrk3074, hello! I really liked these styles in the video, but I can not download them in any way for some reason. And there just Indian styles. The author of the video indicated a link at the bottom of the video, but it does not open. Maybe you will open?

It's a video from 2009, unfortunately the link is no more valid
paolov

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostler wrote:
Yes, the issue of not being able to separate styles individually, so one has only what they need on the keyboard is a drawback. An editor on a PC would be great so one could create their custom set for uploading. I find the EK-50 nice because it can be used in venues where if stolen, it is not a great loss. The technology has matured enough that one can make do with its features.

To create your own style sets you can use the software at the follow link:
http://www.oggettiinformatici.it/ricfreakprog/PRM.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: