Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In need of sounds for Here I go again by White Snake ASAP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankiekeys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: In need of sounds for Here I go again by White Snake ASAP Reply with quote

Hi All. Need some help. I am looking for the sounds for Here I go again White Snake asap. My band is playing this coming Friday with the guitarist from White Snake and I want to sound to be close enough. Any help will be appreciated
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid there will not be THE close sounds, because the sounds and the instruments have changed much over the years.
The sounds from the old vinyl LP are different to the version 2006 and both are different to some live versions I've seen on youtube.

I have made sounds near to the version 2006 with layers for verse and refrain. The combi was programmed on a kronos (because I don't have a krome until now), but the result should be pretty close too:

Verse layers:

- Acoustic Piano
- Acoustic Piano for bass licks (vol. boosted)
- Strings (low volume)
- Strings oct. down (low volume)
- Strings oct. up (low volume)
- Flute like pad

Refrain layers:

- Organ (AT switches leslie speed)
- Choir
- Choir oct. up

If you edit the volumes and add some reverb it will get pretty close I think.

Hope this helps.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the intro, use the category search to try out various Programs and Combis for closeness to the original. Likely categories will be slow Synth, Pads, and Motion Synth. If a sound is reasonably close to the original, it will be possible to tweak it closer still.

CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: In need of sounds for Here I go again by White Snake ASA Reply with quote

frankiekeys wrote:
Hi All. Need some help. I am looking for the sounds for Here I go again White Snake asap. My band is playing this coming Friday with the guitarist from White Snake and I want to sound to be close enough. Any help will be appreciated

Which version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: