Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling with Kross 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinjacobsson2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Sampling with Kross 2 Reply with quote

Hi, it's time to renew my keyboard-setup.

I am thinking of a Yamaha MX 88 and a Korg Kross 2. Can I use the MX88 as master keyboard and change combi's on the Kross through MIDI and by changing Performance (combi) on the MX?

And what I would like to know
Is it possible to load my own samples in the Kross, and save them into a Combi and then staying there without disappearing on power off/on? I want to be able to program my own Combis and then use them live, without any need to re-import everything on a restart...

And is it possible to import a sample and then play it through the whole keyboard? Or is it just 1 key sampling and no "auto transpose" for the rest of the keys?
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some tricks that will partially get what you want, but for practical purposes, these are not the right boards for what you want to do.

Low-to-moderate cost 88s that let you create combis (or whatever they call their equivalent) that send user-specified MIDI program changes to another board include: Casio PX-5S, Korg Kross 88, pretty sure Kurzweil SP6, Roland FA-08, Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MODX8.

Low-to-moderate cost 61s that let you create custom multisamples that you can play chromatically across the keyboard include: Roland Juno DS61, Casio MZ-X300/500, Korg PA700/PA1000, Yamaha MODX6.

Boards that do both these things (so you could basically pick anything you want for the second board) would be Yamaha MODX6/7/8 and Korg PA700/PA1000. These can send MIDI Program Changes to other boards AND handle custom multisamples. (These Yamahas are more flexible than these Korgs for these things.)
robinjacobsson2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to load samples into the Kross and then save it as a Combi and still have the samples there efter i reboot the keyboard_ And can I store them internal on the keyboard or do I need to have the SD-card connected all the time?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the K2 the sampling feature is to load pre recorded sample files onto one of the Pad buttons.

Or

Create your own as per the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HBIjWGDRK_A

I know of no way to do what you seek.
robinjacobsson2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I want to load pre-recorded samples into the Kross and play them from the pads. But most important, can I save them in a Combi and recall the Combis from every start-up without any need to edit the Combi-preset and will the samples be stored on the keyboard so I don't need to have them on the SD-card? Or maybe that's no problem as long as the SD card wont break?
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible, even for looping sounds. This feature isn't documented and it took me long to learnt what i know. I made a video, and included detailed steps on the description. I sample a drum loop, but also a choir is shown. Internal expansion memory is 128mb, which doesn't erase upon restart. Samples recorded or imported by this means are stored there.

Please feel free to make any questions
Regards,
JJ

https://youtu.be/-IPONg6l0oM
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: