Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free sounds for Korg Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter1960

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Quote:
d) On Prog mode, go the the bank. You will see "Samples not loaded". It's normal. on Page Menu Command, clik on "Load Required Samples".
e) do d) for all the sounds you want.

Thanks for your reply. However, as I said in my previous post, when I get to the "Load Required samples" stage there is a message in red at the bottom - "KSC' is incomplete due to uninstalled EX's ??".

Why does this message appear ? What do I need to do to ensure that the KSC loads correctly and this message disappears ?

Thanks for your help
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Global Mode and PRESS AUTO LOAD make sure the EXS are installed and checked where they will load automatically.
Peter1960

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Sorry - in Global mode there is no option to select any EX's.

And which EX's should I be installing anyway ?
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Kronos and which OS version do you have?
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Peter1960 wrote:
Sorry - in Global mode there is no option to select any EX's.

And which EX's should I be installing anyway ?

Did you try the first method I mentionned before ? (Loading all the Bank)
Peter1960

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

I have Kronos 1, OS 3.1.3.

I haven't loaded all the banks because I only wish to load a few patches from each bank, not an entire bank.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Peter1960 wrote:
I have Kronos 1, OS 3.1.3.

I haven't loaded all the banks because I only wish to load a few patches from each bank, not an entire bank.

I suggest you, in a first step, to load the entire bank, check if it works. Then, try to do it, one sound after another.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Liviou2004 do you also have a Kronos 1?
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Stoffel wrote:
Liviou2004 do you also have a Kronos 1?

No, I have a Kronos 2 73
Stoffel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

So it seems not to be a difference between the kronos 1, X and the 2.
I have checked the files on a second kronos 2 and still everything is loading perfectly.
Very odd...
Stoffel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent twice...

Last edited by Stoffel on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter1960

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

OK - I have loaded a complete bank as suggested. I have not downloaded the M1 bank so I have used the Oberheim OBX bank, as I am assuming the method is the same. I did the following :

a) Loaded Oberheim OBX MS.KSC
b) Loaded Oberheim OBX.PCG (did not check check "Load Oberheim OBX.KSC too")

All the patches appear in user bank “G” and I can hear the sounds.

If I switch the Kronos off then switch it back on again the patches are still in user bank “G” but I can no longer hear the sounds.

So, I did as previously suggested -

Went into prog mode, selected user bank “G”, selected “Load Required Samples” from the drop down menu. However, as before, when I do this, there is a message in red at the bottom - "KSC' is incomplete due to uninstalled EX's ??".

Please can someone give some advice as to what to do next, as I cannot find a way to load the missing samples manually or set up the Kronos so they are automatically loaded.

Thanks for your help !
Stoffel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

On Sunday 07 you have posted
Quote:
Your instructions also seem very long winded

Because my banks are selfmade and therfore not installable there is no "press this knob and everything is fine".
If you want this, you should go to the pros and buy your sounds there.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Peter1960 wrote:
OK - I have loaded a complete bank as suggested. I have not downloaded the M1 bank so I have used the Oberheim OBX bank, as I am assuming the method is the same. I did the following :

a) Loaded Oberheim OBX MS.KSC
b) Loaded Oberheim OBX.PCG (did not check check "Load Oberheim OBX.KSC too")

All the patches appear in user bank “G” and I can hear the sounds.

If I switch the Kronos off then switch it back on again the patches are still in user bank “G” but I can no longer hear the sounds.

So, I did as previously suggested -

Went into prog mode, selected user bank “G”, selected “Load Required Samples” from the drop down menu. However, as before, when I do this, there is a message in red at the bottom - "KSC' is incomplete due to uninstalled EX's ??".

Please can someone give some advice as to what to do next, as I cannot find a way to load the missing samples manually or set up the Kronos so they are automatically loaded.

Thanks for your help !

That's quite weird : I've repeated the exact process you did but it worked perfectly.

Well, to be as simple as possible :

- Once you've loaded OB-X MS.KSC, go to Global Mode, click on "KSC Autoload". You will see a line "Oberheim OB-X MS.KSC.

- Check the "Autoload Box" at the beginning of this line. This KSC file will be automatically loaded at power on.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Hi there!

I've just mirrored and revised the sounds of kaptainkeyboard on my HP.
Thank you for your beautiful work!

http://www.stoffelshome.de/kronos/samples.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: