Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue midi settings with electribe2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Minilogue midi settings with electribe2 Reply with quote

So this is annoying. The midi settings between both the minilogue and e2 do not allow one to keep midi note messages on while turning off program changes.

I have the e2 set as the master, sending midi note messages on ch1 to the minilogue , but I do not want the minilogue to change programs when I chance a pattern on th e2. Has anyone found a workaround for this?
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Minilogue midi settings with electribe2 Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
So this is annoying. The midi settings between both the minilogue and e2 do not allow one to keep midi note messages on while turning off program changes.

I have the e2 set as the master, sending midi note messages on ch1 to the minilogue , but I do not want the minilogue to change programs when I chance a pattern on th e2. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Are you sure in the Minilogue you can't filter program change?
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the minilogue and monologue (I have both) all you can do is turn midi send and receive on or off. There are no filter settings for this.
slug

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - the XD version allows program change filtering.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
In the minilogue and monologue (I have both) all you can do is turn midi send and receive on or off. There are no filter settings for this.

You have 3 option:
Enable RX midi for received midi
En RX Transport for start,pause...
Enable TX midi for transmitted midi

You can also set the Minologue as master and filter program change in the Electribe.
Also looking at the Monologue midi implementation say Program Change 0-99, did you try to set patch 100? What happen.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
roblabs wrote:

You have 3 option:
Enable RX midi for received midi
En RX Transport for start,pause...
Enable TX midi for transmitted midi

You can also set the Minologue as master and filter program change in the Electribe.
Also looking at the Monologue midi implementation say Program Change 0-99, did you try to set patch 100? What happens

Edit: the Minologue just got an update for midi filter, I didn't have time to check but maybe they address what you're looking for

Edit: Minilogue and Monologue got a new update where they open the midi setting. You can set program change, CC, pitch bend both send and receive, transport only received.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! You know, when I created this post topic, I also emailed korg customer support and asked them if they can add in midi filter settings in a firmware update. Might it be possible that they actually listened to me!?
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Amazing! You know, when I created this post topic, I also emailed korg customer support and asked them if they can add in midi filter settings in a firmware update. Might it be possible that they actually listened to me!?

Who knows man! It could be, that's why I suggest to email company anyway. Multiple times too if they don't reply.
We should do that for the Electribe too Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: