Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free sounds for Korg Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Stofel, of course it doesn't matter. It was just curiosity !

Well, as regards, the loading procedure, I've just add " MS" to PCG files name. And all is working well.

If I don't load MS files, it doesn't work, as I told you before. Now, PCG is automatically loading the right samples, and its OK.

Now, I would like to tell you about what I like in your work. Of course, all I'm saying here is plenty subjective. I don't say "this is good" or "this is bad", but only "I like it or not"

Blackfloete : Very pretty flute
Duduk : I like it very much. A full and plenty timbre.
Fairlight : They are not the sounds I prefer, but they recall me some typical 80's moods.
K5000 : probably the sounds I prefer in all your banks. Very rich and powerful sounds.
DW8000 : These are those I like the less. But I could use some of them in some songs if I need ancient sounds.
Z1 : I like all them very much !
OBx : Some lead sounds are very impressive (like Sync leads for example, and some brass)
RMI Electra 368 : Sincerily, I don't like these sounds.
Roland 110 : They are typical Roland sounds. Some strings are so beautiful (as Warm Pads for example)
Roland Fantom X : I like these strings, ample and rich timbres.

That's it for the moment, they are some sounds I've not tested yet.

I can say you did a very good job. Congratulation fot that and many thanks for the gift.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, as regards, the loading procedure, I've just add " MS" to PCG files name. And all is working well.

If I don't load MS files, it doesn't work, as I told you before. Now, PCG is automatically loading the right samples, and its OK.

This behavior should not be, because the MS.KSC loads the samples to Sampling Mode. Only the KSC enables streaming. In Global Mode the RAM usage shows that this is ok here. Very odd.

Thanks a lot for the review!
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed the Oberheim OB-X banks and "In The Air".
I'm hoping to try out the Oberheim banks tonight.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get "In The Air" to run properly on my Kronos 61 after trying to rearrange from the Kronos 88 arrangement. Probably more due to operator error than anything. I loaded the .SNG and the appropriate programs along with the sample of the drum machine. I couldn't seem to get the drum machine sample to play in .SNG format but the program sounds are really good. I've loaded it all to a custom combi and I'll play it from there.
The CR78 / TR909 sample (whichever was used) is really good. Nice and clean.
Can't wait to try out the Oberheim's tonight.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Coming soon:

Bank Pads HD-1

Until now 26 Sounds are ready. Working hard on it.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
Stoffel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Just uploaded new sounds to play songs from Genesis and Peter Gabriel.

As always:
Please let me know what you think about and have fun!

http://www.stoffelshome.de/kronos/samples.html
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
Stoffel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Just uploaded the new Bank Pads HD1.

As always:

qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again, Stoffel. I still have to try the Oberheim patches as well.
Really appreciated.

Update: Finally got a chance to load in the Oberheim patches. Well done. Nice and clean. Full sounding. I love the vintage sounds!
Tried "Genesis 1.0" and "Pads HD1" as well but I couldn't get my Kronos to load the samples properly. Again, probably operator error. I'll keep at it.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Stoffel wrote:
Just uploaded the new Bank Pads HD1.

As always:

Thank you Stoffel. Some are very good pads with a kind of vintage color. I like them, really.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Just uploaded a sampled glass harmonica (wineglasses).

Have fun!

Stoffel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Coming soon:

98 programs Korg M1.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Just uploaded the new bank Korg M1 including 105 sounds.

Have fun!

Peter1960

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

After a lot of trial and error I have finally been able to load sounds from these banks :

Oberheim OBX, Yamaha CS80, HD1 Pads, DW8000, Fantom and Korg Z1. I have done it as follows :

Load PCG file (621k)
Load MS.KSC file (there are 2 of these files – I have found out which one to load by trial and error.)

This seems to be the only way that I can load the patches; trying other ways, does not seem to work as opening the patches in program mode then results in no sounds being heard.

However, if I switch the Kronos off and come back to it later, the patches are still there but make no sound. Why is this ?

I have downloaded or purchased other patches in the past and the patches and sounds are still there when I switch the Kronos back on.

What do I need to do with the above banks to retain the sounds for future use, without having to reload them each time ?

I also have another issue. Whilst I am grateful that someone has taken the trouble to create all these patches, there are only a selection from each bank that I may wish to use.

I loaded the patches from the Z1 bank (15 in all) – all the sounds were there. I then went in the CS80 bank and select the patches that I would like to use, by opening the PCG file and selecting the patches using multiple select.

I then attempted to load the MS.KSC file to load the samples associated with the patches that I had selected. I have 3 options :

Append
Clear sampling mode data
Clear all

If I select Append or Clear sampling mode data, the samples are loaded but I don’t hear any sounds from the CS80 patches.

If I select Clear All, I can hear the sounds from the CS80 patches but can no longer hear any sounds from the Z1 patches.

What do I need to do to load the CS80 patches (or patches from other banks as well) so that I can then hear ALL the sounds from these patches ?

And how do I ensure that I can still hear all these patches if I switch off the Kronos and come back to it later ?

If anyone could walk me through what I need to do I would be most grateful !!

Thanks

Peter
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

A: To load a bank
1. Unzip the complete folder to the SSD.
2. In disk mode load the PCG and mark Load .KSC too

B: To load only single sounds
1. In disk mode open the PCG until you are able to see the wanted sound
2. Load it
3. In prog mode go to your loaded sounds and open the main menu
4. Click on Load required samples
5. Load only the needed samples

C: To have the needed samples already loaded after reboot (whole bank)
1. In global mode go to menu KSC Auto-Load
2. Click on Add KSC
3. Go to your needed KSC and select it
4. Click on Add
5. Now this KSC should appear in the list
6. Mark it so it will be loaded on next start

D: To load only the needed samples after reboot
1. Don't do C !!!
2. Load the needed samples as described under B
3. In disk mode go to Save
4. Navigate to the place where you want your KSC to be stored to
5. In menu select Save Sampling Data
6. Select Links to EXs & User Sample Banks
7. Name your new KSC
8. Don't change the other settings!!!
9. Click OK
10. In global mode go to menu KSC Auto-Load
11. In the list deselect all selected KSCs
12. Click on Add KSC
13. Navigate to your new saved UserBank.KSC and select it
14. Click on Add
15. Now this KSC should appear in the list
16. Mark it so it will be loaded on next start

Hope this helps
Peter1960

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Thanks for your response - however, this doesn't appear to be working as described.

If I follow "B" and get to stage 5, where I need to click the button "load only required samples", there is a message at the bottom in red - " KSC is incomplete due to uninstalled Ex's ???".

If I then click on load, there is no sound from the patches that I select - obviously because the samples required have not been loaded !

Your instructions also seem very long winded - as I said before, I have downloaded or purchased a number of patches that are stored on a removable drive attached to the Kronos, each of which I loaded some time ago; every one of these patches can be heard when I reboot the Kronos after it has been shut down.

Why does the same not happen with your patches ?

As I have said, I am very grateful for you making these patches available to the Korg community; however, I would like to simplify the method for using them !!

Peter
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Free sounds for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Peter1960 wrote:
However, if I switch the Kronos off and come back to it later, the patches are still there but make no sound. Why is this ?

Peter

It's normal : all sounds using Rom samples only, do not need to be relaoded. All sounds using EXs, KRS, User's samples : all multisamples are wiped as soon as you turn the Kronos off. So, they have to be reloaded each time the Kronos is turned on. This can be done either automatically (Global Mode) or manually.

This said, I've tried the two processes and all is working well.

1°) Loading all the bank

a) Load Korg M1 MS.KSC
b) Load Korg M1.PCG (don't check "Load Korg M1.KSC too")

2°) Selecting the sounds you want from different banks

a) From the PCG you want, click "OPEN" three times, until you see the list of sounds.
b) select the sound you want, click "LOAD" select the place you want it to be saved.
c) do a) and b) for all the sounds from all the PCG you want (for example 1 sound from M1, two sounds from Z1, on e sound from OBX)
d) On Prog mode, go the the bank. You will see "Samples not loaded". It's normal. on Page Menu Command, clik on "Load Required Samples".
e) do d) for all the sounds you want.
f) now, you want to save this selection you just did. It's easy. On Disk Mode, click on Save. On Page Menu Command click "Save All". Select the bank in which you selection has been saved. Clikc on "Save".

That's all. It works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: