Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa700 inside

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wavemaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: pa700 inside Reply with quote

Just did an internal cleaning of my pa700 so got some pictures to share, so if you open up your pa700 (suggest you don't do it or you will void your warranty if it's still under warranty) you 'll know what to find!

Things to notice:

1. Screws on bottom wooden panels Left&Right don't need to be unscrewed they only lead to internal speakers box for access in the speakers.

2. Very cheap chinese construction inside but sounds good on the pa outside!

3. Notice how power supply is mounted at the bottom of the device on ventillation grills, it reminds me of pa50 power supply, i suggest you don't leave the device on electrical outlet (standby mode on) for too long if unused or maybe risk the damage of the power supply and need replacement.

link: http://www.rapidshare.com.cn/GNED9kj
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same as pa600 and pa900.
The power supply is not at danger though as when the keyboard is in standby there is no power draw...
Never heard of a single psu failure on any of these!
The best thing about the psu is that it is a brick so you can exchange it very easily if it gets faulty in the future with any other brick of the same specs!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
nilesh.chovatia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: pa700 inside Reply with quote

Wavemaker wrote:

link: http://www.rapidshare.com.cn/GNED9kj

Hi Buddy,

seems like the image link is dead,

I would really like too see internal structure of the Korg PA700, if you can re upload those images back..

Thanks
Wavemaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new link http://www.rapidshare.com.cn/4aEjUVJ
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to share the images with us all.
Yipsiotis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...

Link is dead again...

any chance of a re upload??
dirtydonki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: pa700 inside Reply with quote

Wavemaker wrote:

2. Very cheap chinese construction...........

Is it really necessary to look down on us Chinese like this?

My PA1000 was made in China & it certainly was NOT cheap. It's construction follows a process dictated by Korg Japan. QA process is also stipulated by Korg Japan. I am sure similar would be true for the cheaper 700. So as these are made according to Korg Japan's high standards I think calling them very cheap chinese is completely incorrect because in reality they would actually be of
cheap Japanese construction.

I would not however, even consider leveling such an outrageous blight on the fine reputation of Korg, Japan.
Wavemaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: pa700 inside Reply with quote

dirtydonki wrote:
Wavemaker wrote:

2. Very cheap chinese construction...........

Is it really necessary to look down on us Chinese like this?

My PA1000 was made in China & it certainly was NOT cheap. It's construction follows a process dictated by Korg Japan. QA process is also stipulated by Korg Japan. I am sure similar would be true for the cheaper 700. So as these are made according to Korg Japan's high standards I think calling them very cheap chinese is completely incorrect because in reality they would actually be of
cheap Japanese construction.

I would not however, even consider leveling such an outrageous blight on the fine reputation of Korg, Japan.

I 've got nothing against China or Chinese, same as i50/40 series where made in Italy but i30 was made in Japan you could see the difference in quality between those models, so i would say "very cheap Italian construction inside", or Mexican, Thai etc etc don't take this personally...

comparing to what we 're paying we get most value for money but inside build is crap, same for pa4x.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The electronics are far from cheaply made...
Having done some soldering work on the new gen boards (600/900/300/3xle/700/1000/4x) i can say that the boards are really high quality and so the electronics on them are standard parts from respectful companies.Nothing "chinese"/low quality in there apart from the location the plant that creates them is..
The only maybe a bit cheaply made (but not made by korg as it seems it is a ready made part bought from a sub supplier) is the Power supply but i have seen none that had a fault yet on any of the models mentioned + pa3x (only 1 on a pa3x which doesn't mean anything statistically)

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Yipsiotis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again...

Any chance of reupping the pics??
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: