Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX3 lover , am I out of luck?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatever oy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: CX3 lover , am I out of luck? Reply with quote

I use my CX3 purchased new in 2005 as a more than passable B3

Bad news, PARTS are not available for my prized Organ clone.
I would consider a Kronos but suspect the CX3 is progtamed a little differently.

Have any of the devotees of CX3 used a Kronos for precise CX3 sounds?
Are there sliders that can substitute for drawbars for one set of sounds ?

Any assistance in keeping the CX3 flame burning would be appreciated, including parts for CX3.
Thank you
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I had a CX-3 some decades ago. The Kronos CX-3 engine is a lot better and more versatile than the original. The only disadvantage is the weight.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree : on the very sound level, the Kronos is far better and versatile.

There is one point though : the CX-3 has 2x9 drawbars and the Kronos has 1x9 drawbars. Yet, there are some turnings around.

With this in mind, if you are only looking for a cx-3 replacement, (so organ sounds only) ; considering its price, I'm not sure the Kronos would be the best choice.
Hector Space

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Kronos as CX3 replacement Reply with quote

Unless, like me, you need a stage keyboard that does as much as possible, including organ, I wouldn’t choose the Kronos as an organ replacement. Personally I’d checkout Nord. The current Electro has a really great Hammond organ sim, including a very realistic vib/chorus, overdrive and rotary (much better than the CX3 or Kronos). The 61 key version also has physical drawbars. The downside of Nords is their Fatar TP8 waterfall style keybed isn’t the best. I wouldn’t bother with Kurzweil for organ, I have the Forte, their KB3 is ok but their rotary isn’t much good. When I use my Forte for organ I have to use a Vent 2.
pete.m

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth you googling 'Korg Kronos and CX3', or similar. You'll find quite a few opinions on it there, including links to previous posts on this forum.

One further bit of info - here is what Sound On Sound had to say about it in their Kronos review;
Finally, we come to the CX3, which Korg have been developing since the late 1970s when the original CX3 and BX3 organs were, by common consent, the best Hammond clones of the analogue era. More recently, the company released two digital equivalents, also called the CX3 and BX3, and an enhanced version of these appeared in the OASYS, where it offered all manner of enhancements. This version — which, in my opinion, remains the best and most authentic sounding of the so‑called 'clonewheel' organs — has now made its way into the Kronos. If you're happy to use sliders as drawbars, you'll not need anything else for your Hammond sounds and performances. It seems almost criminal to dismiss CX3 so briefly, but there really is nothing more to say!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: