Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB-MIDI driver for Radias on Windows 7 x64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
- Henry -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject: USB-MIDI driver for Radias on Windows 7 x64 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently bought a second-hand Radias, and downloaded the most recent USB-MIDI driver for my OS (1.15 r29) in order to connect it to my DAW. I could never get this driver to install properly, though. I later noticed that the Radias isn't mentioned in the list of supported instuments for this driver release. Has anyone managed to use this driver with the Radias?

During the installation procedure, Windows would warn me that I was trying to install an unsigned driver. Even if Korg's MIDI Driver Setup Utility would recognize the Radias and tell me that the install was successful, the Radias would always show in Windows' Device Manager with the infamous yellow exclamation mark next to it, indicating the driver couldn't be properly loaded. In Korg's USB-MIDI Driver app, the [Device List...] button was greyed out, pointing to the same problem, although the driver did show up in the MIDI Driver Uninstall Utility. Crucially, I could not find the Radias among available MIDI devices in any of my software (MIDIox, Sonar, SOL2, to name a few).

I have several other USB-MIDI devices (Yamaha, Roland) connected, that work just fine. In order to make sure the Radias didn't conflict with these, and also to keep the Radias among the first 10 devices listed in the Uninstall Utility, I decided to to a full Windows reinstall without the other instruments. I then installed only the Korg USB-MIDI driver. This only gave the very same bad results, and swapping USB ports didn't help at all.

I then decided to revert to an older driver (1.14 r12) that I found here, and this version actually worked without a single hitch! Since the Radias is my only Korg USB-MIDI Device, this is acceptable to me, but for those who have more recent Korg devices they also wish to use, this driver may not support those. Still, if any of you know of a more recent version of the Korg USB-MIDI driver that works with the Radias, I'd like to know. Smile

- H -
MMTGuy28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest driver does support the Radias. Typo in the listing most likely.
- Henry -

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're sort-of right, it seems: I have now tested the v1.15r29e driver package on Win10, and it does in fact work. I still have the same problem with the v1.15r29 release for Windows 7, though...

- H -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: