Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos suddenly not booting up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Kronos suddenly not booting up Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Well I promised a follow up so here we go...…

It was a Power Supply failure (as I thought).

Got a reasonable bill in the circumstances - The power supply board & loom was 155.96 Korg have estimated 1 & a half hours for the work @ £60 ph. The initial inspection fee is taken off as I am having the work done. So total plus VAT is £259.15 payable when the work is finished (hopefully in the next day or so)

All I have to do now is take another drive up to Milton Keynes when Kronos is ready. I think I might go via the A34 to Oxford & on up just to avoid the M25.

Hope this gives you folks out there in Kronosland an inkling of how you go about sorting repairs.

All the best folks

Jeff Very Happy
Kronos 88 v3.1.3-Upgraded & Maxed out to 3gb. Nord Stage 2 88HD. Roland Jupiter 80. Waldorf Blofeld Keys. Korg TR. Yamaha S80. Yamaha DX7 special edition. PC-Windows 10 64bit 16gig Ram. M Audio Delta 1010lt. Cubase Pro 10. Sibelius Ultimate, NI Komplete Ultimate 11. Trillion. Lounge Lizard. Wavelab.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos suddenly not booting up Reply with quote

jeffjazzwraight wrote:
Hi Folks,

Well I promised a follow up so here we go...…

It was a Power Supply failure (as I thought).

Got a reasonable bill in the circumstances - The power supply board & loom was 155.96 Korg have estimated 1 & a half hours for the work @ £60 ph. The initial inspection fee is taken off as I am having the work done. So total plus VAT is £259.15 payable when the work is finished (hopefully in the next day or so)

All I have to do now is take another drive up to Milton Keynes when Kronos is ready. I think I might go via the A34 to Oxford & on up just to avoid the M25.

Hope this gives you folks out there in Kronosland an inkling of how you go about sorting repairs.

All the best folks

Jeff Very Happy

Hi Jeff, thanks for the follow up. Good that you are getting your K repaired, should give you several years of enjoyment.

Your details on the PSU failure will also guide other K owners, if they get similar
symptoms. Looking at your 1st post, it appeared the PSU was beginning to fail.
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Kronos suddenly not booting up Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Just to close the dialogue on this...………..

I picked up my Kronos from Korg this morning. It's back in my little studio and up and running.

I had a pretty good drive from Sussex via Southampton-A34-Oxford-Buckingham and the A421 pretty much goes all the way to Korg in Milton Keynes - Much better than the M25 although maybe 40 more miles!!

Korg are a very good firm to deal with. Most helpful in every way.

Well, there you go. End of Saga!

All the best folks.

Jeff Very Happy
Kronos 88 v3.1.3-Upgraded & Maxed out to 3gb. Nord Stage 2 88HD. Roland Jupiter 80. Waldorf Blofeld Keys. Korg TR. Yamaha S80. Yamaha DX7 special edition. PC-Windows 10 64bit 16gig Ram. M Audio Delta 1010lt. Cubase Pro 10. Sibelius Ultimate, NI Komplete Ultimate 11. Trillion. Lounge Lizard. Wavelab.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where you can buy a spare power supply for the original Kronos? It's an Enhance Electronics ENO-1612 open-frame supply...I've tried to contact EnhanceUSA several times, but they never answer my emails...and $295 from Korg seems a little steep for a 120W power supply...???

df
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy a spare power supply for the original Kronos? It's an Enhance Electronics ENO-1612 open-frame supply...I've tried to contact EnhanceUSA several times, but they never answer my emails...and $295 from Korg seems a little steep for a 120W power supply...???

df

they are in SoCal. web site has a ph#

hard to say if they will accept a part order since they are a mfg'r. Worth a try
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jeff,
Thanks for updating us with the info.

Pleased you've got things sorted and are playing again. Very Happy

Best Wishes.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:

df

This link may be of interest...??

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/514771-korg-500002190402-power-supply-pcb-assembly-for-kronos-and-kronos-2

Best Wishes.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, pedro5...Well, that's certainly a better price for the power supply than Korg has...I sent another inquiry to EnhanceUSA this morning, and they responded saying that the ENO-1612 is not a standard product, so they don't have it in stock...maybe they can make one for me the next time they do a special build...

df
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: