Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavedrum Global stereo seperation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyJet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Wavedrum Global stereo seperation Reply with quote

New Wavedrum Global owner here, wowed by how good it sounds via headphones. I believe many/all of the voices have some sort of stereo going on, and it really makes it more interesting. I would assume that having gig sound as left and right as possible would be a good thing.
Does anyone have experience using the Simmons DA200S? The manual for it says
Quote:
"The Simmons DA200S is a true stereo drum amplifier. It will maintain the integrity of the stereo drum signal from input to speakers (including Line Outs and Extension Speaker Jacks). This provides a broad stereo field that positions your drums at their correct sonic locations, providing a realistic audio experience for you and your audience."

That sounds good but... can anything really maintain a good stereo field when the speakers are so close together? And what about with external speakers attached? The manual says
Quote:
"The DA200S delivers the full 200 watts of power to the internal speakers. In addition, you may use these jacks with un-powered speakers to widen your stereo field for the midrange and high frequencies"

so it sounds like regular unpowered speakers could really bring out the stereo separation, and it sounds like the signal out to them is filtered for just mids and highs.
In looking at that I also found the Simmons DA350 Electronic Drum Monitor System, which is similar and interesting (and more expensive).
Any thoughts?

EDIT: I did get a DA200S, and it sounds great, but not especially stereoiffic (which I suspected with having the speakers so close together). The jacks for external speakers are wired into the midrange driver circuit, so it may be that a couple of speakers( or amps) set wide enough apart would bring out the stereo if the Korg Wavedrum Global. I'll try that when I get a chance.
JimmyJet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Some good speakers Reply with quote

I got some passive speakers, and some tripod stands, and it sounds great.

I initially tried the speakers just sitting on the floor (before I got the stands) but it made a big difference getting them up to eye level with the stands.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful to know. Thanks for sharing the update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: