Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modulation is stuck! Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zevy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Modulation is stuck! Help! Reply with quote

Hello fellow i30ans!

My i30 is acting up and I don't know what to do. It seems that for some reason the modulation switch is constantly kicking in, and the only way to turn it off is to get into the Global screen and check/uncheck the modulation box. It's as the aftertouch is constantly happening.

Thanks in advance,
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zevy

I notice you have not had a reply so thought I would make contact. I can't really understand why this is happening to you. I think that it would be worthwhile getting your Korg Service guy to run some diagnostics on the keyboard. You could have an aftertouch or joystick connection problem but I am only guessing. If this problem is consistently on, you stand a good chance of getting it fixed - the "intermittent" problems are the killers!! (I speak from bitter experience!!)

I guess you could reload the OS 2.1.3 - may be a corrupted OS??

I hope you have some success - please keep in touch and let us know.

Cheers

Pete C Very Happy Very Happy
Zevy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Pete Reply with quote

I have tried reloading and speaking with my local Korg serviceperson. 'Trouble is I don't trust him (from experience). It takes lots of time to take the whole think apart - I don't know of anyone who would really be interested in that sort of job.

All the best,
philtipping

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might to be too obvious, but I've got to ask: have you disconnected all MIDI cables? You can get some very strange effects if you've got a MIDI feedback loop.
Phil.
Zevy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: No midi cables involved Reply with quote

Thank for the suggestion, though.

All the best,
Denny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Similar problem here! Reply with quote

Wow, this is like old home week - Zevy and Pete. Great to see you guys are still kicking!

Of course I wouldn't be here it I didn't have a problem, but that's how reliable my i30 has been over the years. Thank God!

Anyway, I too am having Zevy's "Modulation" problem. I personally think it's either that or a After-touch thing. I ran the Internal Diagnostic Result [hold ARR PLAY + GLOBAL on start up] and noted three Failures:

These are: V55BKUPROM Fail
V55MIDI Fail
V55PCIF Fail

This is ROM version (System BC/M16) 971412 and
ROM version (System A/V55) 971612

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means, but I've a reference to the exact same failures on one other website. There was no solving that user's problem either.

Anyway, I was on the verge of taking my i30 into my local (perhaps less than reasonable) korg tech, when I decided to fool with the actual diagnostics. I tried my best to amble through the commands. And might have stumbled on some sort of answer in the After-touch section.

After pressing each key (Most all got an OK), I need get a "NG" response to some higher register notes. After that, the diagnostics asked for a 2-DD floppy, which I was lucky enough to have.

The diagnostics went on checking the rest of the system. Now, for some unknown reason, my problem has disappeared. I still get the Failures running the diagnotics, but the old SOB works!!!

Oh, BTW, I DID overwrite the sys with OS 2.1.3 before I tried any of the described procedure. The OS didn't seem to do anything.

Good to see you guys again. I hope some or any of this helps.

Denny Flynn
Zevy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: modulation thing Reply with quote

Hi, Denny!

A friend told me that there is a contact strip under the keys that goes bad and should be replaced. He said he did it himself. I'm too scared to try stuff like that myself. I just went out and bought a Pa-800! Don't worry, it's still in the box!

Later!

Z
Denny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good for you! You'll have to un-box that sucker and let us know how you like it, specially since I may be headed in that direction as well - HA!

Thanks and take care,

Denny
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends

A bit of advice - if you do go for PA1[2]X/PA800 or whatever DO NOT SELL YOUR i30 (I regret selling mine!!)

(In particular, the backing sequencer on the i30 is 200% better than that on the PAs)

Take care

Pete Very Happy
Zevy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: i30 Reply with quote

I don't think I'll get too much for my i30 anyway - it's in pretty bad shape Rolling Eyes
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning/afternoon/evening, gents!

Hey Denny, good to see you around here - I still have your site bookmarked from Glen Hyskell days, I'll have to re-visit. Yep, still got my 'old faithful' i30, after going on nine years now with no problems - mind you, I'm only gigging on an occasional basis.

Zevy, I can only agree with Pete about not selling your i30 - though no doubt Pete would be a willing buyer, I suspect. Smile

Pete, I remember many moons ago you mentioned regretting selling yours. I guess financial considerations in recent years have kept me hanging on to mine, but i do think that if I ever did move on to a PA2X, I think I'd still keep my i30, she's been too good a friend. Maybe you'll find a good used one somewhere.

Best regards.
leoleon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends,
I know that the post is longer ago but someone has found a solution to the problem?
I have the same problem.
Please helped me.
Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: