Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expansion cards Q/A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGrandon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Expansion cards Q/A Reply with quote

All,

I've recently dug up my old Triton and bought an EXB-PCM08 to go with it. I've got what might be considered "basic" questions so please bear with me.

I know that, to install the expansion board, I'll need to copy over some of the factory preset sounds/combi's. I also know that I have Bank E to save some of the factory programs should I choose.

Question 1. If I were to overwrite some of the programs as required for the install...what happens to any combi's that use said programs? Do they get updated with the new sounds (more or less stay the same)? Do they stay but simply become non-functional?

Question 2. If I decide in the future to return to the preset sounds, can I install just a few of them (say, favorites I've marked ahead of time) or do I need to install the whole machine's-worth?

Appreciate the help! The user manual is a little vague in this area. I'm just looking to make the process go as smoothly as possible.

JWG
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working from memory. I no longer have my Triton. I had the 08 piano card installed in mine too. As I recall nothing was left blank or vacant after loading the Concert Grand board. I do remember something about loading the combis in bank C or D. Don't do both. You'll just load duplicate combis and overwrite want is already factory loaded. The first thing to do is back-up everything FIRST! Maybe even make two copies. Before I sold my Triton I removed the EXB card and used my back-up to re-install all of the factory settings. It was fast and easy to do.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing...as I recall, loading your new combis will not over-write the entire bank, just some of the factory sounds. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: