Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg N364 How to create a live program short list?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Korg N364 How to create a live program short list? Reply with quote

I'm using this vintage N364 in a live set up but still can't figure out a way to skip between the sounds in some kind of shortlist. For example: using a piano from the program list while skipping to a strings sound in the combi mode. It would be convenient to store all the user sounds in order of the song/set list and manage it with just the up and down knobs. Also can't find something about it in the manual. Maybe it's possible with the floppy disk but unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

Anyone having ideas? Thnx!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the numeric keypad allows another Program to be selected in two keystrokes.
Gadart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx.. but that was not my question. I'm looking for a way to put the sounds I need right after eachother. More in a "Mainstage" way. I don't wanna search on de numbers pad during a live performance.
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm aware of. To skip from a Program to a Combi you'll have to press the [Combi] button once... and vice versa. The way I would do this is: find out which Combi's you really need/use and initialize those not needed. Then 'build' several new Combi's which contain just ONE Program - those Programs you normally use in Program mode. Then you need a software that allows you to 'sort' all your Combi's in the right order you want to play them -> STORE this to your N364! Now all you have to do is: power on the synth, press the [Combi] button and you should be ready to go - each press on the up/down buttons will now do what you want... eh? Wink
Gadart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_crimson_thunder wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. To skip from a Program to a Combi you'll have to press the [Combi] button once... and vice versa. The way I would do this is: find out which Combi's you really need/use and initialize those not needed. Then 'build' several new Combi's which contain just ONE Program - those Programs you normally use in Program mode. Then you need a software that allows you to 'sort' all your Combi's in the right order you want to play them -> STORE this to your N364! Now all you have to do is: power on the synth, press the [Combi] button and you should be ready to go - each press on the up/down buttons will now do what you want... eh? Wink

That might be the most proper way so it seems. Thing is that the N364 is lacking a usersbank. So I have to move the sounds to another bank and overwrite to create a list for live performance. Thnx! That will do the job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: