Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captjag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Greetings Reply with quote

Hello fellow musicians and wanabe musicians. I'm an old fart who has played music all his life. I started playing trumpet in the 6th grade and continued until my second year of college. Also took some piano lessons and picked up the guitar way back there. In my youth I played guitar, bass and keyboards in various bands but not for a long term. Appeared on TV once performing Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". Back in the 80'sm I started collecting equipment to build a home studio. I was also running a business which kept me too busy to get serious about my music. Along about 2001, I had a financial tragedy that took the wind out of my sails and I was forced to sell everything I had accumulated except one Sigma Acoustic that I had bought for $75 at a pawn shop. A few years after this tragedy, my wife and son were killed further exacerbating my depressed condition. After this, for a time, I lost interest in everything.

Time has past and I've recently become the guardian of my 17 year old granddaughter. She had been living in an abusive environment with her mother and step father and had to escape. When we are together like traveling in a car and she found her favorite pop music on the radio, she sings so perfectly in tune. I had her put together a list of goals for the next year so she could look forward and we could work toward them. One of her goals was to buy a Ukulele and practice. I ordered her an Alvarez and surprised her with it. I helped her find lessons on youtube and in the process, found a guy who offers lessons on both guitar and the Uke. This situation has reignited my interest in music and I was surprised that only after a couple days playing, my fingers actually work. So, I got out my old Korg TR61 that has been packed away for years. Now, I'm actually going to learn how to master it and hopefully upgrade to some new technology before too long. We've talked about working up some tunes and becoming street musicians.

There is is. Hopefully most of you won't think this guy's a total cheeseball.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not a cheeseball, at all.

Welcome to the forum.

Very few people manage to live out the perfect existence. For those to whom life has thrown a major curve ball, the experience that results is often a rich source of inspiration. Take from it. The results of that expression will resonate with others, I'm sure.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate, Welcome!

I learnt trombone in highschool would have sat next to your section in band. Concert band, that is, we played all the concert music hits! We were the cheese masters, even did the slide-wave in some pieces hehehehe. Amazing how people who learn to read in bassclef move onto bass guitar Wink

Nice to have you here and hope you have fun!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here

Last edited by megamarkd on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and a warm welcome from me too.

Your story is very moving and so sad. I love that you have found "music" with your granddaughter.

Music with family is fantastic - I play every week with my son and daughter.

Take care my friend and soak up that "new found music" in your life.

If we can help in any way, please just ask....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from the French Horn section just in front of you. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: