Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Sound Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Strange Sound Problem Reply with quote

Hello.
I have the Sv-1 for like, 1 year or more and it never gave me any trouble at all. Today i was playing normaly and i turned it off and went to the kitchen to drink some water. I came back and turned it on again and the sound was terrible.

The reverb was louder than the sound of the notes. if i turned the reverb off, only the strokes of the keys can be heard, the notes are far too low volume to be heard. But not all the sounds were affected. Some pianos are ok. Some organs as well. The whole OTHER part is ok. The rest went crap. I think is the valve. Only the sounds that uses it are bad. The synths are normal but all the E.pianos are with this problem.
It sounds like the reverb comes first, louder, than the note really in low volume. I tested it a lot of times.

I played with it almost everyday and never had any problem
did anyone had a similar problem
sorry for my english

i live in a small town here in brazil and i don't think i have a assistance store near. a changing the valve will do the trick?
javaj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a factory reset and see if all is well.
Jordok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how i do that?
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on Page 34 of the (English 1.1) manual. In case you don't have the manual to hand, here is the procedure:

RESTORING ALL SETTINGS
After doing several changes, you might want to restore the original, factory status
of the SV-1 (including original sounds, favorites and global settings):
Turn the instrument off.
Keep the FUNCTION button pressed.
Without releasing the FUNCTION button, turn the instrument on.
When its LED starts flashing, release the FUNCTION button.
Press the FUNCTION button again to confirm the restore operation.
At the end, all settings will be reset
Jordok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't work either
ever the Demos sound wierd and ghosty
the eletrics piano went all bad

can be the valve, then?
RobinOtto1990

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know, the valve is only used in the amp modelling section. Maybe there's something wrong with your jacks? Maybe you should try putting it through an XLR-output, maybe that helps.

Roland FP-2
Boss dr220a
Rodney

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinOtto1990 wrote:
From what I know, the valve is only used in the amp modelling section. Maybe there's something wrong with your jacks? Maybe you should try putting it through an XLR-output, maybe that helps.

You do say that it's the electric pianos having the problem, but some pianos are okay. The preset electric pianos all use the amp model, the acoustic piano's don't. Does the on/off button in the Amp Model section have an effect on the sound quality? If it sounds fine when that circuit is off, it could be the tube. (When I first turn on the piano, before the tube warms up I get a sound like you describe, but only from sounds using the amp modeling circuit.)

And when testing the bad output jack hypothesis, also try listening with headphones through the headphone jack to see how that sounds.
Jordok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i turn on the amp model with the acoustic pianos, the sound becomes the same as the eletric pianos. ghosty. but with the headphones, the sound goes ok, nothing wrong.
the other presents that wasn't affected by the ghosty sound, with the amp model on, became wierd as well, but with the headphone, it's just like nothing had happened
Rodney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems very odd to me that the amp model would work fine through the headphone output jack but not through the rear-panel output jacks. I'd take it in to be looked at by a Korg authorized dealer.

In the mean time, you could use the headphone jacks as your outputs by getting an appropriate splitter. Or, avoid using the amp modeling when you're gigging, which would be a shame.
javaj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you had a power spike somehow that hit your SV-1 through the line outs. Check out the SV-1 facebook group files section where you can download the service manual- there is a page that shows how the circuts run from the effects to the outputs (maybe something will click like a popped trasnistor splitting the signal between the headphones and outputs (or maybe something is bad between the line out and XLR outs).
Did you try the XLR outs at all- if they do work and the headphone out works, then it likely is something on the circut board splitting the signal.
Garrett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's update this thread?

I seem to be having the exact same issue. Electric pianos do not work with the AMP button on, but work with the AMP button off.

DEMO feature no longer works for the first few selections, but I can hear the loud key noises, which is a layer that I suspect does not go through the AMP circuitry.

At some point, an SV-1 user claimed that the TUBE cannot be replaced by the end user. Is this true?? Why in the world would KORG design it this way? That's a travesty, if it is true that we cannot replace the tube ourselves!

Given that it is a 4 hour drive to Madison, Wisconsin (closest KORG service center) and a 4 hour drive back home... and, I doubt seriously that anyone would look at the unit while I wait, so it will be another 4 hours plus 4 hours round trip to get the fixed unit. I would much rather simply replace the TUBE myself. Has anyone done this? How difficult is it?

Thank you!

Garrett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: