Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! Display acting up, can't navigate or calibrate screen!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
murcuh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: HELP! Display acting up, can't navigate or calibrate screen! Reply with quote

So, my touchscreen was acting up today upon powering up my Krome. Nothing seemed to work and if i touched the Category section, something else would react (the top left section to be precise). So it sort of worked, but only that. Then, out of nowhere after pressing a few things, it was normal again. So i calibrated the touchscreen and that was that.
After a setting up to record, it happened again, only this time, the Prog, Mixer, Arp, and Tone Adjust pages work... ALSO, if i touch anywhere on the screen that is aligned with these pages, they would react, regardless weather i press directly on them or not. It's like an invisible line that let's me select these pages anywhere on the screen. Now i can't calibrate the screen and i need this to work ASAP!

What could i do? I deffinitely cannot replace the whole screen module because it's expensive AF. Also, i cannot recalibrate the screen because the drop down menu doesn't work, NOTHING except the pages on the bottom of the screen works. And the screen reacts anywhere but it only opens these sections. Please. Help.
murcuh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS! After looking around i found this "solution", where a lot of people recommended holding the Exit+Page buttons while booting up, and at first it did nothing. Then i tried again after a few hours, and Shazam! suddenly the screen was responsive...for about 5 seconds, then back to the same issue i described earlier. It seems to me that something might be wrong with the keyboard's firmware, but i cant update it, since the drop down menu needed to import the 1.0.4 update (i'm 1.0.3) isn't working... so there, the touchscreen itselfs works, it just got dumb and i need to Einstein the crap out of it and get back to work! Got a supreme gig in two weeks, and i reeeaaally need this working.
So, yeah. There you have it.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you solder?
The FIX is a resistor replacement see thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=761716#761716
murcuh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradkorg wrote:
Can you solder?
The FIX is a resistor replacement see thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=761716#761716

Thanks for the tip, but it was a firmware issue. Every part of the screen "worked", it just wouldn't respond like it should. But i got it to work for like ten seconds, and updated my firmware to version 1.0.4.0. Fixed the issue completely, and another issue i've been dealing with. I hope this helps someone who has the same problem. Just keep your Krome turned on, with the firmware update in the external sd card, and having read the instructive that comes with it. If your screen responds for a second, go to Global, Drop down Menu, and update it as fast as you can. Then reboot after it's done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: