Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tuning issues need a fix - and communication from Korg!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rgarner!
Of course I will make the best possible use of the third Prologue I bought, after months of Korg frustration - and after it will come back from a guarantee repair not exactly rasing my expectations concerning basic build quality. It's still a great sounding synth after all.

Anyways, I can no longer regard the present Korg Japan management as a reliable partner for music making from this point on. They obviously have no clue, how to run a proper business and how to communicate with paying customers, after causing lasting heavy problems following lousy bad quality control.

So I'm no longer a trustful Korg customer, like I used to be for a long time, when Korg still had a much better and much more responsible management in Japan. The present staff from the Korg headquarters has made it crystal clear, that they deserve no customer trust whatsoever any longer, and that we customers will have to be extremely careful, having to rely completely on our own, left without proper support or even basic communication in doubt, for many months, and therefore always should hesitate buying any future Korg gear, before months of thorough practical testing have passed by!

You can no longer trust Korg and just buy and enjoy.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Oh ?

"Total estimated warmup time now around 5-10 minutes."

Is that acceptable for a high price synth ?

Or is that time a deal breaker ?

Curious what owners think

IMO it just means before the unit's tuning is completely rock stable...you can always tune from initial power on until then...Minilogue does that too to a certain extent. Yes, it's not unheard of for an anapoly(a vco based one) to behave like that. In fact it's common place for real vco synths. Common knowledge IMO. It's not a fault in the unit or a reflection on the build quality(which looks to be very good in the PL). I think it's funny(not in a negative way) that this would be alien to some folks....maybe indicative that folks who don't know need to experience what these synths are all about to get what the buzz is.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back my Prologue from guarantee repair, when the modwheel poti had to be replaced after 2 months of use.

Installed the 1.30 update, and can confirm that everything is working as it should so far. I'm really glad, that for the first time, months after several buying efforts and returns, the synth I spent my money for is finally working as expected, and can be used as intended.

So allow me to close this chapter here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: