Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ringing noise on my EXB-Radias, help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neemiasmt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Ringing noise on my EXB-Radias, help! Reply with quote

Hi! I own an 8 years old Korg M3 Xpanded with EXB-Radias in it and about two years ago the power supply burned. Instead of buying another one I had the stupid idea of just getting it fixed at a cheap electronic supply place.

After that the keyboard got really unstable, sometimes it turned on and sometimes it didn't and after a while it just didn't turn on anymore. I took it to a proper service center and had to spend around one grand to get all of the screwed boards fixed and a new power supply.

Now the keyboard is working just fine but some of the patches from radias have a really annoying high pitched ringing sound to the point where I can't use these patches at all. I didn't take it to a service center as I'm in small city now and would have to travel to get it to one, but I called one and was told it can be partially burnt which is unfixable. I'm thinking that's probably the case but I wanted to make sure it can't be fixed.

I did some research on google but I couldn't find anything about this. Do anybody know if it's a simple problem or if I really lost my board?

I'm really frustrated right now, all of this could be avoided if I had just bought a new power supply when the old one died. Anyway, if there's a way of fixing it please let me know guys!

Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Repost your question in the M3 group. It is rather a M3 issue. So higher chance to get an answer.
This group focuses more on standalone Radias boards.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: