Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error Format Internal Memory boot 1.0.0 B30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukkazw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Error Format Internal Memory boot 1.0.0 B30 Reply with quote

Hello, I have a problem with my Korg krome
I get this screen after a blow on the base of the synthesizer

I can not make it start normal, replace the internal memory and remains the same.

Did someone come up with this problem? help!

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by lukkazw on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:55 am; edited 6 times in total
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the krome got the blow, was it powered up in working status?
The crappy designed OS memory is a socket microSD-card with mechanic contacts.

The "Format internal memory, Push {ENTER}: Exexute format" means: no data or corrupted accessing with the internal microSD-card or other internal memory?.
After pushing ENTER, remains some error? and what supposed after format how to upload the internal memory? so DON'T PUSH ENTER.

The shockforce moved the card in the socket and have interrupted the microSD data-accessing and causing corrupted data SD damaged.
And the hardware socket could be damage like contacts pens are bended and solderpoints broken.

You replaced the internal microSD card? with what image/backup?
If you just copied it from the same damaged microSD-card than the corrupted data are also copied result the same error.
You can try the krome image from other thread: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=116280

If remains same than possibly the socket mechanism is also defective, check for any damages, bended pens and resolder the solderpoints.
In worst case when the krome was powered on, the data corruption could damage some chips in the mainboard itself.
----
Also try resetting the krome and update the systemOS of the krome, read the manuals how to do it.
And see if it will revive otherwise go to korg repair.
lukkazw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it received the blow it was not on, nor plugged in.
When I press enter it is formatted successfully without errors.
I did the test to turn it on without the internal memory sd and the same screen appears, I preciono enter, format without errors but without envargo the memory is not inside.
replace the internal memory with a new one and download img. from this website the whole process with 32disk imager. but I have the same error screen. Confused
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the krome working normally before the blow?
Never just enter Format (its meant for the factory), if there is hardware error and you don't have factory recovery procedure.

Very simple the blow shocked mechanical movement inside causing broken contacts.
Check inside (use magnifier) all the boards for every/any broken components/cables, print traces, loose cables, plugs, connectors, sd slots etc.

If nothing can done, korg service is you help.
lukkazw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it was working well before the blow!

I think that some welding suffered, I'm going to check that thanks
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem on a Krome for repair also a user from Peru commented on youtube the same issue. What happens here is the main OS application on internal NAND flash is missing or corrupted. Only the start up bootloader with the Krome logo and command tools for recovering located on the serial EEPROM are running. The bootloader is asking to load an emergency OS on external SD card to restore the main system because the internal NAND flash main OS is not available.

From my point of view is not a NAND flash chip failure caused by mechanical shock vibration below the synth because the command execution to format the internal NAND flash seems to work properly. Maybe the shock vibration affected the switches or panel wires harness and during power up the format NAND flash procedure on bootloader started erasing the main OS application.

It can also to be when power is lost during normal use, a failed upgrade procedure or a data retention issue caused by a near magnetic interference. For example cell phones antennas, a light bulb explosion or heavy equipment near the synth causing a power surge. Another reason more close to be the root cause can be a firmware bug issue running an erase sector or format procedure on internal NAND flash during power up or a hardware NAND flash failure. The bootloader located in the secondary EEPROM is asking to run an emergency reflash utility from removable SD card to recover the internal NAND flash main OS.

I tried to run the mainapp.cmp Krome firmware upgrade file renaming it as mainapp.bin and works but hangs immediately because mainapp.cmp was compiled to run the firmware update via graphical menu when the synth is working properly.

Would be welcome if someone can provide the right mainapp.bin file to recover the Krome in bootloader emergency mode when the internal OS code is lost due a fatal failure.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: