Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X2 Music Workstation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowenarrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Korg X2 Music Workstation Reply with quote

I have a borrowed keyboard I've been using for the last year. I'm not technical AT ALL and I think my youngest child pushed a button that has altered the only sound I use - X2 Piano, under PROGRAM. I tried to correct it through PROGRAM settings but I think I made it worse. Is there a factory RESET button on this keyboard?

THANK YOU FOR HELP!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg X2 Music Workstation Reply with quote

Bowenarrow wrote:
I have a borrowed keyboard I've been using for the last year. I'm not technical AT ALL and I think my youngest child pushed a button that has altered the only sound I use - X2 Piano, under PROGRAM. I tried to correct it through PROGRAM settings but I think I made it worse. Is there a factory RESET button on this keyboard?

THANK YOU FOR HELP!

The Kronos does not have a Program named X2

Is your borrowed keyboard a Kronos ?
Bowenarrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. There is no 'Kronos' anywhere on the unit. The rear panel says, "KORG, MODEL X2, SERIAL #601273. On the top cover it reads:
KORG X2 MUSIC WORKSTATION
AI (squared) SYNTHESIS SYSTEM
VARIABLE DIGITAL FILTER
MULTI DIGITAL EFFECTOR
16 TRACK SEQUENCER
3.5 INCH 2DD FDD
Bowenarrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I joined the wrong forum?
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X2 is an old Korg 76 notes worksation (1994), indeed. So, you are on the right forum but not on the right section.

As I don't think there is a specific section for the X2 or X3, you can go to the general synths section : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12

You could download the X2 Manual here : https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/1/229/1697/
Bowenarrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: KORG X2 music station Reply with quote

I just downloaded the manual. Thank you so much for your help!!!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in the right forum, just didn't post in the most appropriate section.

The Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General), or Korg Synths (General) sections might be better.

The factory reset procedure (initialise RAM data) for the Korg X3 is as follows (not sure it's in the manual):

Turn on the power whilst holding the Enter and Cursor Down keys.

This will reinitialise everything to factory settings.

Downloading the Reference Guide is also recommended.

Welcome to the forum.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic for Kronos, but I'm pitching in:

I actually still own my old Korg X3 (only difference is the number of keys, afaik), though it lives in our familiy's cabin, not at home, and it has been a few years since I last turned it on Smile

I couldn't find the patch list for X2, but there is no piano named "X2 Piano" nor "X3 Piano" in the default patch list for the X3, nor do I remember ever seeing one. So I'm not sure this one is standard. So keep in mind that if you do a factory reset, chances are you're not going to get that particular piano sound back.

However, there is a pretty decent, though perhaps a bit on the soft side, piano in the GM bank, at GM-01 (the very first one).

And if you do a factory reset, you should have the "Piano 16'" in position A-01, and that one is a bit brighter than the GM, and was the one I usually used.

---

Barring that, is there a floppy disk in it? Mine still has an ancient 3.5'' floppy that stores some .MID and .PCG files. The .PCG files, like on many Korg instruments contains "Program, Combi & Global" configuration. So if the previous owner backed up his sounds, you might find the sound again if you load the backup .PCG from the disk.

Though, again, keep in mind if you start messing with loading stuff from disk, that you'll at that point also overwrite the internal memory, and might end up ruining even more stuff...

---

Good luck, it is a fun instrument that I have very fond memories of Smile
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a way to load those programs from Global Mode pretty easily.

Press Global, and move the cursor around to find the option to load Preload PCG data from ROM (or something to that effect).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: