Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA500 Vs PA300

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJRussell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: PA500 Vs PA300 Reply with quote

Hi I am a first time user.

I am in the market for a new keyboard and am considering either a PA300 or PA500. I would love a USB connection to input Midi files etc but am a bit confused about which model has this facility.
Can anyone please advise me and offer any suggestions about which is best.
I saw the video on You Tube re the online PA300 user manual and this looks terrific. Was the model updated since launch to give the standard USB facility and not just 'to host'?

Thanks

John.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa300 is by far a better machine!
It has usb host and device (you can plug your usb sticks on it to save/load sets and midi and play mp3 files and plug it on the pc to have it as usb midi keyboard)..
It also has newer os so it can load styles and sounds from pa3x series (pa3x/pa600/pa900/pa3xle) allong with the older machines..
It also has 32mb sampler (pa500 doesn't have sampler at all).
And pa300 is still in production while pa500 has stopped >4 years ago so it has a way better support and service if needed..
Also pa300 is smaller than pa500..
The only drawbacks of pa300 is the lack of seperate fill buttons (you can do fills with a combination of 2 buttons or use the autofill function which is not that bad in practice so this is not a real problem), that the audio output is a single stereo jack rather than separate L/R jacks and that it has no 5 pin MIDI connections to connect to other midi compatible gear, you can still use external midi on it through the usb host of course so thats not a problem too i guess for most applications
JJRussell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is brilliant and clears up a lot of my concerns.
Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: