Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which usb -> ethernet adapter do you use?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Which usb -> ethernet adapter do you use? Reply with quote

[edit]
I just realized that I wasn't very clear in my question since the adapter can be used in two scenarios, the Kronos and the computer.

I'm looking for usage info about USB -> Ethernet adapters plugged into the Kronos itself (so that I can then just grab an ethernet cable and plug the Kronos into the network), not the laptop / computer you're using.
[/edit]

I'm specifically hoping to get info from those who have purchased a Kronos in the past year or so, i.e. OS 3.1.

The recommended Trendnet doesn't work, but the manual is referencing adapters as of 2012, so I'm thinking maybe Trendnet has updated their device so that it doesn't work with the drivers in Kronos 3.1.

Anyone purchase an adapter recently that works on 3.1? Would be grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth

Last edited by ChrisDuncan on Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is the list of supported adapters per the manual. It was written in 2012, and with the exception of the TrendNet (which doesn't work), I can't find any of these on Amazon because they're obsolete.

Surely I'm not the only person with a new Kronos who's trying to connect to ethernet. Has anyone been able to buy a new adapter that's worked for 3.1?

Apple MC704ZM/A
CISCO Linksys USB300M
TRENDnet TU-ET100C
BUFFALO LUA3-U2-ATX
BUFFALO LUA-U2-KTX
BUFFALO LUA3-U2-AGT
Planex UE-100TX-G3
Logitec LAN-TX/U2B Logitec LAN-TX/U2H3
I-O DATA ETX3-US2
Logitec LAN-TX/U2H3
I-O DATA ETX3-US2
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bought recently, but the Apple adapter works fine on the latest OS with my Kronos X 61

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Not bought recently, but the Apple adapter works fine on the latest OS with my Kronos X 61

Thanks, Derek.

Like the other adapters listed in the 2012 manual, this one seems to no longer be available.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quickly goggled this adapter and found three places in UK selling it who indicated stock.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man. I'm in the US and didn't search beyond Amazon as I'm not sure I want to invest in discontinued products. However, it sounds like that's the only way to get USB -> ethernet support. I'm guessing that the folks who have this working bought their stuff years ago.

Between the USB midi driver not working and no USB ethernet support, it looks like I just spent enough money to buy a used car only to find that moving files requires sneaker net. That's not a show stopper as I love the keyboard, but it is a bit disappointing to see the level of support they're giving to a flagship product.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate you taking the time to help.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
FrankWahl

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Which usb -> ethernet adapter do you use? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I use the D-Link DUB-100 (directly) connected to my Windows 10 64Bit DELL Laptop and FileZilla.
Works fine.

Best regards
Frank
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Frank.

Is the D-Link plugged in to your Kronos or to your Windows laptop?

I'm trying to find an adapter to plug into the Kronos and I notice the D-Link isn't on the supported list in the manual.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
FrankWahl

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Which usb -> ethernet adapter do you use? Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

it's connected this way:
D-Link box to USB-A-port on Kronos --> Ethernet-Cable --> Laptop Ethernet-port
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only looked at the adapters listed in the manual and couldn't find anything but the Trendnet that was still available. I'll give the D-Link a try since it's working for you.

Thanks!
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
FrankWahl

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Which usb -> ethernet adapter do you use? Reply with quote

It's the silver one, as you can see here:
https://www.elektroradar.de/fast-ethernet-adapter-dub-e100.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMTqPKW-QIuZbeLjeASAeiKN1UARj1UWznKzLXx_cDWCcmd0fkzmGJEaAvCaEALw_wcB

not the small black one
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I'm in the US and what's available to me looks entirely different:

http://us.dlink.com/products/accessories/high-speed-usb-2-0-fast-ethernet-adapter/

How long ago did you buy yours?

[edit]
Even though it doesn't look anything like yours I figure for 15 bucks I'll give it a try. Worst case scenario I return it.

Thanks for helping on this. The fact that a D-Link works even though it's not on their supported devices list gives me hope.
[/edit]
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Which usb -> ethernet adapter do you use? Reply with quote

FrankWahl wrote:
It's the silver one, as you can see here:
https://www.elektroradar.de/fast-ethernet-adapter-dub-e100.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMTqPKW-QIuZbeLjeASAeiKN1UARj1UWznKzLXx_cDWCcmd0fkzmGJEaAvCaEALw_wcB

not the small black one

Hey, Frank.

The small black one is all that's available in the US, so I gave it a try. No joy, but it was worth the attempt.

Appreciate the help just the same.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
manishthatte

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: bumping... Reply with quote

Folks,
Any progress on this front?
My problem is, I can't run LAN cables in my house, because everything is concealed. So, what I will need to connect the Kronos to the network is = USB (which will connect to the Kronos) -> Wifi adapter (Which will connect to the wifi network.
Problem is, wifi adapter is not recognised by the Kronos, because I cannot install the necessary drivers on the Kronos.
Any solution will be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Manish
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: bumping... Reply with quote

manishthatte wrote:
Any solution will be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Manish

Read the topic below, seems that guy made it work as you need. In my case, I have a direct connection from my Kronos to a router. For this, I installed a RJ45 female jack on the bottom wooden panel, which is connected directly to the K2 motherboard Ethernet port.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=678761
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: