Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AX5G Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icetechnicaljon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: AX5G Help Reply with quote

I recently bought the Korg AX5G pedal from a friend, and played with it for about 2 months. Well, about a week ago, I turn it on and the display is blinking rapidly upwards. I took a video and posted it unlisted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5y1EjVopo

My set up is just the AA batteries powering the AX5G hooked up to a peavey electric guitar and amp.

Anyone have any idea what might be the issue? I replaced the batteries and even took it apart (I'm fairly decent with electronics) to see if I could find a reset button or short out two nodes to reset it. Still nothing. The guy I bought it from said it never happened to him when he owned it. I also checked the troubleshooting manual online and as far as I saw it said nothing concerning it.

I saw there were a few threads like this one already on this forum after doing a search, but none were replied to.

Thanks in advance,

Jon
TallerSeverino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Faulty DSP Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same unit, I can't see the youtube video. But the one I'm trying to repair had the same symptoms.
First I thought It was a power supply issue, so I used a voltage regulator to give the 9V specified on the unit, this time regulated.
The unit keeps coming with this bars up and down because it goes in a loop, the internal voltage regulator overheats and shuts down, the reset circuitry detects this and reset the unit, overheats again, reset and so forth.
After replacing all the usual suspects, electrolytics, the internal voltage regulator (wich kept overheating), I measured the 2 only voltages used by the unit, 3.3v and 2.5v, the 3.3V line is ok, but the 2.5v is not, the only circuit that is connnected to 2.5v is de DSP. I'm still looking for a replacement, this is a smd chip with 144 pins, It needs to be soldered "very carefully", It's doable if you have experience and adequate tools for smd soldering, the problem is the dsp, I cannot find a replacement. The chip is MB87R1470PMC-G-GND. I'm looking for a DSP cross-refrence, no luck yet. I've contacted korg in my country, korg uk and korg usa, let's see if they reply. I will let you know.
rainbeturns

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: please help same issue Reply with quote

did you problem resolve?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: