Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn metronome off and precount as default behaviour ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmortenx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Turn metronome off and precount as default behaviour ?? Reply with quote

I can succesfully save a song template and load it. But a song will always start up with metronome on for recording and a 2 bar precount.

Is there a way to change the behaviour to metronome off and no precount as default like an old school tape recorder. It does not look like it´s saved with the song template ??

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ps. And one last thing... Is there a way to have Kronos just to load my song template as default on startup, so I do not have to load it ??
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn metronome off and precount as default behaviour ?? Reply with quote

xmortenx wrote:

1)I can succesfully save a song template and load it. But a song will always start up with metronome on for recording and a 2 bar precount.

Is there a way to change the behaviour to metronome off and no precount as default like an old school tape recorder. It does not look like it´s saved with the song template ??

2). And one last thing... Is there a way to have Kronos just to load my song template as default on startup, so I do not have to load it ??

1)There's this button titled " Start/Stop " ( to the left of Tap/Tempo). When in SEQ and your Song is loaded and ready to play, press it.

2) Quick answer is No. Song files have to be part of your Preload to auto load during startup.
However, I have never experimented, maybe its possible to include SONG files
as part of Preload. Lets see if someone is successful with that.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is make my go to template and save it as “setup”.
Then, load setup when I want to record. Setup is actually an empty sequence with certain parameters already set.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
xmortenx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy

With regards to pressing the start/stop button under sample in seq mode to get rid of the metronome - That is not working for me (it does not do anything)

Very Happy

Anyway it´s no biggy - I just do not like to work with metronome or precount as default when writing so I just had a dream that the metronome settings would be customisable as global default.

But I guess you cant have it all Very Happy
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried SEQ page 0-5: Preferences, and setting the metronome pre-count to 0 and the level to 0?
xmortenx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats what I do. I go to the preferences pane on the screen and set the count in to zero.

I have just not found a way to save this as default behaviour. No matter where I save - song template, global etc.. this setting is not saved.

I forget to set it and when I get an idea to put down, the count in will start in a tempo that´s wrong and with a count in I do not need..

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rx782

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually just set the oscillator to ‘audio in’ so there’s no sound coming from the metronome but i want a batter way to get rid of it
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone else mentioned, song settings are stored (unsurprisingly) as part of each song.

Easiest way is to use the template song feature, and simply load the template when creating a new track. I also use this to set initial track names etc, which is a real timesaver.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: