Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2018 is near. What do you wish for? Your predictions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leonh
Full Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 214
Location: Hadleigh UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
leonh wrote:
Gadget and M1 to be included on Kronos .


Face palm Hillarious ROFL

Why Confused actually I see only people who don't have Kronos will not understand Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bachus
Platinum Member


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 2732

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:
leonh wrote:
Gadget and M1 to be included on Kronos .



Well, the korg m1 was manufactured in 1988, so a 30th anniversary-kronos edition perhaps? - and with all the expansion cards! Very Happy


Tony


add to that the 2 new organ engines that surfaced in the Grand stage ...
and you would have a true kronos update...if you take into account the great number of gadgets available on MAc and ipad.. and the piano roll of the gadget would be a great addition to...
_________________
Korg Kronos 2/88 , Korg PA4x, Mainstage3 +VSTsu, Kurzweil PC3X
www.keyszone.boards.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr_SamDoogie
Full Member


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 224
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:
Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
leonh wrote:
Gadget and M1 to be included on Kronos .


Face palm Hillarious ROFL

Why Confused actually I see only people who don't have Kronos will not understand Laughing


Almost there for that one, Depend what will happen at Namm or after Very Happy .
It been very very quiet a year and a half ,Notice that Korg and the other company's have shown to master how not to reveal new things prematurely or just at the right order.
_________________
In honor of the Groove and to all whom surrender to it, We say Thank You. And we take it Back.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gjvti
Senior Member


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 327
Location: Riga, Latvia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:
Gadget and M1 to be included on Kronos .

If I had a vote, I'd vote for Kronos to be included in Gadget Razz Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swarupmahapatra
Full Member


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Roland coming up with a new workstation/live performance keyboard? I read it in some other blog. Anyone knows if it's true?
_________________
Thanks
-Swarup
__________________________________________

Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg PA900, Korg NanoPad 2, Roland BA 330
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9014
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swarupmahapatra wrote:
Is Roland coming up with a new workstation/live performance keyboard? I read it in some other blog. Anyone knows if it's true?


that would be a surprise. There FA is a few yrs new and is good W/s
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
afr
Senior Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks to namm and Korg is not teasing anything on the site

When they introduced Kronos they started more than 2 weeks before namm with an introductory video

I'm afraid that we will not see the Kronos successor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9014
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:
2 weeks to namm and Korg is not teasing anything on the site

When they introduced Kronos they started more than 2 weeks before namm with an introductory video

I'm afraid that we will not see the Kronos successor


I would go by the NAMM date of 1/25.

Korg did a 10 day count down if I recall correctly , on Kronos 1.

By my guess, if we don't see this somewhat cheesy countdown by Jan 15,,, then I wouldn't hold my breath .

That said, I am enjoying Kronos immensely. And its been 6 yrs.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
afr
Senior Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
afr wrote:
2 weeks to namm and Korg is not teasing anything on the site

When they introduced Kronos they started more than 2 weeks before namm with an introductory video

I'm afraid that we will not see the Kronos successor



That said, I am enjoying Kronos immensely. And its been 6 yrs.


Same here! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leonh
Full Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 214
Location: Hadleigh UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they can make Kronos successor better processor screen ect question is why there is no competition out there as far as workstation is concerned I would think twice to get 3000£ plus workstations when as it is my Kronos can do everything I want .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swarupmahapatra
Full Member


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA is there but it’s definitely not a compete with Kronos. Not even close. And there’s no competition in the workstation market because people are vastly into softsynths. And I don’t like the fact that they sound way better than the hardware synths. Only problem is that carrying so many things into live shows is a pain in the ****. And I dream of a single keyboard that has both nice synth and acoustic sounds and weigh about 12Kgs.
_________________
Thanks
-Swarup
__________________________________________

Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg PA900, Korg NanoPad 2, Roland BA 330
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9014
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swarupmahapatra wrote:
FA is there but it’s definitely not a compete with Kronos. Not even close. And there’s no competition in the workstation market because people are vastly into softsynths. And I don’t like the fact that they sound way better than the hardware synths. Only problem is that carrying so many things into live shows is a pain in the ****. And I dream of a single keyboard that has both nice synth and acoustic sounds and weigh about 12Kgs.


I disagree. The FA with its DAW integration is a strong W/s alternative.
And the FA is twice as cheap.

Of course that complicates a comparison. I know Kronos as a standalone
is ' better'. But the way things are going, platforms are combining.

I don't gig, so I don't have the restrictions. I am aware Kronos is the must have board for gigging keyboardists. I think the marketplace is much larger than the total of gigging keyboardists.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Koekepan
Senior Member


Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swarupmahapatra wrote:
FA is there but it*s definitely not a compete with Kronos. Not even close. And there*s no competition in the workstation market because people are vastly into softsynths. And I don*t like the fact that they sound way better than the hardware synths. Only problem is that carrying so many things into live shows is a pain in the ****. And I dream of a single keyboard that has both nice synth and acoustic sounds and weigh about 12Kgs.


I don't know about softsynths sounding better. They can sound equally good, but I have hardware that can sing songs that brings tears to people's eyes. How much better does it need to be?

Granted, lots of pieces can be a pain in the butt, but sometimes that's the price you pay to dance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swarupmahapatra
Full Member


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
swarupmahapatra wrote:
FA is there but it’s definitely not a compete with Kronos. Not even close. And there’s no competition in the workstation market because people are vastly into softsynths. And I don’t like the fact that they sound way better than the hardware synths. Only problem is that carrying so many things into live shows is a pain in the ****. And I dream of a single keyboard that has both nice synth and acoustic sounds and weigh about 12Kgs.


I disagree. The FA with its DAW integration is a strong W/s alternative.
And the FA is twice as cheap.

Of course that complicates a comparison. I know Kronos as a standalone
is ' better'. But the way things are going, platforms are combining.

I don't gig, so I don't have the restrictions. I am aware Kronos is the must have board for gigging keyboardists. I think the marketplace is much larger than the total of gigging keyboardists.


I bought an FA-06 and sold it after 3 months because of -

1. Cheap feeling small keybed
2. Lack of deep editing
3. Lack of sliders for live mixing
4. Sound remains function does not work between single and combi sounds
5. Lack of editing software
6. Limitation of loading more than 2 Axial sounds
7. No touch screen
8. No Setlist mode

I haven't tried the FA-07 keybed. It maybe better.
_________________
Thanks
-Swarup
__________________________________________

Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg PA900, Korg NanoPad 2, Roland BA 330
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swarupmahapatra
Full Member


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
swarupmahapatra wrote:
FA is there but it*s definitely not a compete with Kronos. Not even close. And there*s no competition in the workstation market because people are vastly into softsynths. And I don*t like the fact that they sound way better than the hardware synths. Only problem is that carrying so many things into live shows is a pain in the ****. And I dream of a single keyboard that has both nice synth and acoustic sounds and weigh about 12Kgs.


I don't know about softsynths sounding better. They can sound equally good, but I have hardware that can sing songs that brings tears to people's eyes. How much better does it need to be?

Granted, lots of pieces can be a pain in the butt, but sometimes that's the price you pay to dance.


I am impressed. What keyboard do you play? Do you have 3rd party sounds in it?
_________________
Thanks
-Swarup
__________________________________________

Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg PA900, Korg NanoPad 2, Roland BA 330
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group