Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Legacy Authorisation Issue, please help!!!! :o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ignacy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy Authorisation Issue, please help!!!! :o Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

So my problem is as follows.
I had a version of the Korg Legacy bundle which I gave to a friend (this is legal in Europe!) He changed his username, updated his information, I deleted all the plugins from my computer and that was it, or so I thought.
After selling him the Korg Legacy I bought the bundle again by using the upgrade offer that came with an M1Le plugin (which was bundled with the Korg Padcontrol). This bundle also included the Korg Monopoly and I registered at Korguser.net with a new login.

Anyway, so here's what I'm dealing with:

When I download any plugin from Korguser.net it doesn't ask me to authorise the plugins. There's no challenge/response request. The plugins simply work. This is true for all the plugins other than the Korg Monopoly, which I've successfully registered with the product and challenge codes.
This is frustrating because I deleted the previously authorised plugins (of the previous bundle that I sold to my friend) from my computer entirely but somehow Korg still links them to my computer and I do not want that.

What is important for me is that I want to register all the plugins on the Korguser.net website which I bought via the Korg M1Le upgrade offer. The only one that I can register is the Monopoly. As I said earlier, I can not register any of the other plugins because all these plugins don't demand authorisation because Korg remembers that I once owned them on this computer.

I hope somebody gets my problem and can provide help. Maybe there's some extra setting I need to delete or change on my computer in order to be able to register this bundle.

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are probably some registry entries remaining from the previous install, that need deleting.

Search for KORG Legacy Collection using the Registry Editor, to find the relevant entries. Preferably back up the registry before making any changes.

This article may help:

http://www.windowsuninstaller.org/winuninstall/how-to-remove-korg-legacy-collection-guide-korg-legacy-collection-uninstaller-info.html
Johnny Foster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

As a registered owner of the full Korg Legacy Collection, I attempted to "migrate" my account over to their new server in order to be able to upgrade my collection for free. I followed the instructions exactly, and what a mess Korg has made this update process !

They ask you to create a new account to register your old version plugins. But - you CANNOT use the e-mail you previously used for the plugin account on Korg.net. Also - once you begin the new account process with a NEW e-mail, you are asked to input a "Locking Code". This is a code that is shown when your plugins are not authorized. But my plugins ARE authorized ! So how in the heck are you supposed to get this info in order to complete the new account process ?

Answer : you can't. If you input this code, you cannot authorize the account, which mean that you cannot update your plugins as they vigorously promoting with the addition of their new ARP Odyssey plugin.

What gives, Korg ?!? Why have you made this update process SO painful and impossible ?

Has anyone else had problems with this situation ?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated !

Best,
JT.
Ignacy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who has run into a similar issue, my solution was as follows.
On OSX go to the KORG folder located in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/KORG.
In there you'll find a folder containing plugin authorisers, such as for ex: MS20 authoriser. Once you click on it, you'll get the authorisation window containing the locking code that I had issues finding.

The locking code is the same for each plugin!
avgrafyx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Registering Legacy instruments for offline use? Reply with quote

I too have an authorisation issue.

I have successfully registered my M1 and Monopoly VSTs online, following the migration process, which went OK for me, but I now find my PC has to be online whenever I want to use them, or they request registration again. This is because the instruments perceive the online and offline states as a different environment and when used in a state that didn't exist during authorisation, they think they are not authorised when they actually are.

I really object to having to keep my music PC online, as it quickly gets slowed down with internet clutter. So I have to go online, load the instruments into my DAW and then go offline again to use them - a pain in the neck and every use of the internet that's not essential risks more issues with the PC.

Prior to the migration, a KORG tech support guy advised me of a way to get around the issue, and it worked, but that was ages ago now and I have forgotten what to do.

Anyone have a solution to the issue?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: