Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get a song recorded by 'someone' famous ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
advid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: How to get a song recorded by 'someone' famous ? Reply with quote

...here's a link to some of the stuff I do at home with my Korg PA900...
On there are three of the many songs I have written myself that are a bit 'country'ish'...
I'd like to get someone who's already 'out there' to possibly record them. (if they like them) ..
How to go about it..

www.advid.co.uk
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ohly just saw this post now.

Unfortunately this is the BIG unanswered question. I have a truckload of songs that I wish I could get "famous" people to hear, record, and let me make some good money too! Wink

So far after much research, the only thing that I have come up with is that you have to pay somebody first. Somebody who can get your music out to people who might record it. There are several companies who say thy do this but I've never used any of them yet. One day I might but even paying somebody does not guaranty that your song will be heard, never mind recorded. Taxi is one of the big names in the business and they seem to do just what they say they do. I'd just goggle "taxi" and see if I was you.

I've also looked into music distributors to try and get my songs out on cd. This also costs money but that makes sense because there actually are people doing work for you and you can't really expect them to do it for free.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
al urezzio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: taxi ??? Reply with quote

sorry but this is just my 2 cents about taxi , I think Taxi is a load of crap ,waste of money ..$300 to join & $ 5 to submit .. for every song thats ever forwarded 100's are rejected ..they ask for a certain type of song , if the REVIEWER ,which is some guy sitting at the desk , doesn't think it up to par or what they are looking for its rejecedt & not forwarded.. its $5.00 for every song you submit ..for the hell of it ,.I once sent in the same song to 5 different listings , Knowing it wasn't the right type(genre) but just wanted to see if the 5 REVIEWERs would give a similar review of my song ..if i submitted to a R&B genre , the review said it was too singer songwriter ,if i sent it too singer songwriter they said it was too old school sound ...of the 5 never did their reviews ever come close to giving a similar review.. saying the genre of the song was different 5 times..and not once was a song of mine every forwarded ,,,not saving it would be excepted by the company looking for the tune , but not even passed the reviewer desk .. i even got letter from the owner of the company ,making it seem like I was crying sour grapes ..but rejection is part of the game ...if you can't except it ,your are in the wrong game ... all I got from his letter was a lot of bla ,bla,bla... like i said just my 2cents save your money ...
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree. In Recording Magazine they always have a big thing on Taxi and they have some "successful" songwriter on there. They call it the "Roadshow" or something like that. It seems like all these things like Taxi are mostly cash grabs.
I've got over 30 songs on Soundcloud and as of today have had over 4,700 listens. Sure, I'm not getting paid but at least people are hearing my songs.

I'm not big on social medial I've heard that this is a good way to get noticed but, well, I'm 61 years old and the Facebook and Twitter things just look stupid to me. Maybe it's my loss but I'm okay with that.

I wish there was a guaranteed way to get somebody "famous" to hear your song and hopefully record it but I don't think there is. I think it sadly really is a case of luck and being in the right place at the right time.

Another thing to remember is that nowadays, just about anybody who has a computer can write songs. This doesn't mean all of them are any good though. It just means the market is saturated.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you just have to get lucky, If you want your style to music making part of the business its good to get noticed because artist always seek new sounds or styles to profile themselves doesn't matter if your 15 or 70.

Just reinvent the style or sound while staying true to what music is to you and match that with whoever you work with or to revive the genre known to you. Sharpen collaboration by crafting towards that musical balance. if its good then by chance someone would notice.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Korgdude123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you think about trying CD baby or something like that and getting it out for yourself?

www.PureRelaxingMusic.com

Take a few minutes out of your busy day and give yourself the "You-Time" you deserve.

and hear the brand new track "A Journey Through C" recorded using only the notes of the C major Chord at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSn9dD5L47A
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is not the answer to life, the universe and everything, no matter how much it might seem that way. Remember, Google is biased as an NRL scrum feed*, so you are most likely to get fed results for pay-for services that may or may not be any good at what they do, but have paid Google a fair sum to be promoted as the best.

Some thing don't change, despite everything around them doing so. Music distribution is a long way from what it was 25yrs ago, but getting your music noticed is still pretty much the same; spam it. Rub it in everyone's face. Send copies to everyone, don't wait for them to stumble across it in their FB feed or have it suggested as something they might like on Soundcloud. Find the contact details of your favourite producers and send them at least a link and something that will make them pay attention. Of course there are professionals who you can pay to do this for you, but I'd be more inclined to speak to established acts than "googling" and find how they got their initial attention, and if it was using a professional promotions company, who it was and what sort of money was required. Google is not your friend, Google is not a search engine, Google is an advertising company that features a search function for their ads.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: