Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gadget live set anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hankastral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Gadget live set anyone? Reply with quote

Hi there

This is my first post on the forum. I have just started to experiment using gadget as a performance tool. At the moment I'm just triggering tracks and messing around with the usual suspects cutoff and delay etc. My performance needs a bit if work but I am starting to really enjoy it.

Here is an example of my last upload to YouTube:

http://youtu.be/jTMHd90-n58

Any comments would be great.

Also is anyone else using it live?

Best

Hank
muzyshyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Live Reply with quote

I watched your video. I did like your song. I do see that you're only using a single scene muting and Unmuting different tracks. You would probably get better mileage by creating multiple scenes and deleting the parts that you don't need. This will be more efficient any effective for you live. If you need to extend an arrangement just loop that part. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more.
Korg MS2000B | Korg Karma | Korg MicroKorg | Korg MicroKorg S | Korg KingKorg | Korg Gadget | Korg Module | Korg iM1 | Korg ODYSSEi | Korg iPolySix | Korg MicroKEY 25 | Korg MicroKEY 37 | Moog MiniMoog Voyager Electric Blue | Moog Little Phatty Stage II | Nord Lead 2X | Akai MPC 5000 | Roland Juno 2 | Roland MKS 50 |
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an interesting chat with a friend the other day and we're (kind of) in two camps:

1) Have one line and bring things in and out with solo, mute and faders

2) Use the sequencer to plan it all out

I know those are the 'extremes' and I tend to prefer the latter because whenever I use the first method I find myself quickly getting ideas for an 'arrangement'. Having said that, I would like to try the former more as I like the 'performance' element of this approach.

I'm also keen to try Muzyshins suggestion of a hybrid of the two approaches mentioned above...
gjvti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice music.
Regarding live, well, I have used Gadged live in a different way - somewhat as portable mobile Mainstage replacement. But I find this way too far from ideal - main problem is that within Gadget you don't have access to some very important parameters, whereas on stand alone apps/Gadgets you can't transfer your patch edits (user patches) to Gadget environment (iM1 for example) - what is really painful. This could be solved if Gadget supported AUv3 and all stand alone Gadgets were AUv3 compatible - but it looks Korg just won't do this to avoid making life too easy - so as more and more AUv3 synthesizer apps are launched I'm now looking to other AU hosts for live. Sill can't emphasise strong enough how bad it is that Gadget is not AU compatible as if it were I certainly preferred Gadget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: