Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will not recognize CDRW after HD replaced and OS upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hufftrader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Will not recognize CDRW after HD replaced and OS upgrade Reply with quote

Hello,
I've got a Triton Studio 76 which still has the original hard drive. Will a little help here on the forum, I backed up all my files on a CD and purchased a 60GB IDE hard drive to replace my original 5GB Fujitsu. I formatted it in FAT32, popped it in the TS and installed OS 2.0.1 on the new drive, with my 5 floppy discs (it was 2.0). The system is up and running and all seems well, except...it won't recognize the CD player where all my old files happen to be! Nothing, just grayed out in the menu. It spins and the light comes on, but the system won't recognize it. I'm finally on my last step, but hit this brick wall. I put an audio CD in and it won't recognize/play that either.

Is there a global setting or something that's been reset with the system upgrade that I need to change for the TS to recognize the CDRW? Any other suggestions?
Thanks very much!
hufftrader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep solving my own problems! Took the CDRW out of the TS. I really didn't do anything but make sure the connections were tight, and then replaced it. It came right up. I'm done! I'll outline my process sequence in another post.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send me detailed instructions how you replaced your hard drive and is it faster, did you replace it with a ssd drive or just another hd drive.
Thanks.
EdK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there....

Can you tell me how you removed the bottom of the Studio in order to replace the hard drive? I've removed all the screws but it seems like something is still connected to the bottom on the inside. Can't find any guidance online except for the other Triton models where the bottom is made of a metal plate rather than wood the Studio is made with.

Thanks! Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: