Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microsampler and FCB1010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nospam@gnelmes.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Microsampler and FCB1010 Reply with quote

Newbie - help please.

I use the Microsampler to play recorded samples in a live band situation. Some of the time I can trigger these by hand but now I need to trigger the samples by foot. I have an FCB1010 and need some advice on how to interface the two. Thanks in advance.
nospam@gnelmes.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Some progress using the FCB editor

I am triggering the samples with an FCB1010 but, although the sample plays correctly, it is followed up (and sometimes overlaps) with a repeat which is much lower. Any ideas on how to prevent this please? Thanks
nospam@gnelmes.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: FCB1010 and MS - SOLVED Reply with quote

I have managed to solve the problem and, as usual, the solution was simple though it eluded me for some time!

Although I though I was hearing a repeat, it occurred to me that it was another sample being played. By process of elimination I decided it was a sample being played at the pitch of the note being played. In this case C3 on the microsampler. All became clear! The FBC 1010 was also triggering the keyboard as well as the sample.

Reason: the sample was being played on the Global Channel in the MS and was set,by default, to channel 1. Unfortunately the default for the keyboard midi channel was also 1. Hence the second noise. I changed the keyboard channel to 2 and the problem went away.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you didn't find anyone to help you, but thanks for sharing the solution Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: