Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos LS, G1/G1 Air & Metallic Red SV1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Kronos LS, G1/G1 Air & Metallic Red SV1 Reply with quote

Out now... korg.com

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of aftertouch on the LS.

Oh, well. Time to get a desktop workstation and a well-configured controller. What price MPC?
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I think the metallic red looks great on the SV-1, and the LS keybed (if it really works and feels as advertised) is something I would prefer over the usual balanced hammer action.
But coming up with these options now is like being presented the menu after you have eaten.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
To be fair, I think the metallic red looks great on the SV-1, and the LS keybed (if it really works and feels as advertised) is something I would prefer over the usual balanced hammer action.
But coming up with these options now is like being presented the menu after you have eaten.

This os what Korg will be showing off at the Musik Messe, nothing new, atleast not for the masses, maybe behind closed doors.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

This os what Korg will be showing off at the Musik Messe, nothing new, atleast not for the masses, maybe behind closed doors.

'nothing new ' is subjective, of course. I don't expect any dramatic Kronos type upgrade this year.
wma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the arranger keyboards, pa3xle i beleive it's discounted? pa900/600/300 prices dropped at sweetwater .. had expected the successors to come out
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an official release on another site, and no, there's no AT on the LS. Also, an MSRP of $3499.00 US.

..Joe
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$3499 is a little steep for lacking premium weighted keybed and no after touch. It should be like $2499 msrp considering. I thought aftertouch played a very important roll in the Kronos.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:
I thought aftertouch played a very important roll in the Kronos.

IMO, aftertouch plays a very important part in *any* keyboard. But everybody's different. Some people probably don't use it all, ever. So I still hope they sell a lot of them. It's still a Kronos. Wink

BTW, saying that it's "lacking a premium weighted keyboard" sort of misses the whole point. A full-blown Kronos 88 with a smaller size, less weight, and a synth action. Lacking a weighted keyboard is sort of the whole point of the LS.

EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including aftertouch on it wouldn't really impact on weight (or the price, really) in any considerable way, and provided you can assign AT in so many ways in Kronos, seems like a very daft choice to remove it from the LS.
gjvti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Kronos2ison wrote:
I thought aftertouch played a very important roll in the Kronos.

IMO, aftertouch plays a very important part in *any* keyboard. But everybody's different. Some people probably don't use it all, ever. So I still hope they sell a lot of them. It's still a Kronos. Wink

BTW, saying that it's "lacking a premium weighted keyboard" sort of misses the whole point. A full-blown Kronos 88 with a smaller size, less weight, and a synth action. Lacking a weighted keyboard is sort of the whole point of the LS.

... if the point is small size and weight saving - then where is Kronos module/tablet/rack so everyone can use their favourite controller? Wink
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Including aftertouch on it wouldn't really impact on weight (or the price, really) in any considerable way, and provided you can assign AT in so many ways in Kronos, seems like a very daft choice to remove it from the LS.

Its not just Korg, its all manufacorers, trying to cut aftertouch from all models except the high end..

Why?

I guess it must be a really expensive thing ..
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about AT on an 88-key keybed. The style you're mainly going to play on that is pianistic, and I've yet to find a piano with aftertouch.

On any synth-action keyboard, I scream about no AT, (Do you hear me Roland Jupiter 50???) but not for piano keybeds. This one is a bit of an anomaly, because it's sorta a piano-style action, but honestly, it doesn't really bother me at all. I'm kinda stoked about it, as I was about to pull the trigger on a Juno DS88, but now (at 4 times the cost) I can look at a second Kronos.

..Joe
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I guess it must be a really expensive thing ..

It really isn't. Just one conductive strip below the keys, a cable and a connector. Mass price of under $5 for sure. Probably under $2 actually.

It's penny pinching and it's retarded.
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you let off the Austrian Grand there are hammer drop noises. If you don't have aftertouch will this kind of features be lost?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: