Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos v3.1.2 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is at the same place - the download section on the Korg site. Here is the direct link for the release notes :

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/3543/
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlievv wrote:
Never...have I seen a keyboard like my original Kronos stay up to date before as this is. Its a testimony to the company to make these upgrades available to 5 and 6 year old boards.

+1!

updated to 3.1.2 without issues, as previous updates. Thanks Korg.!

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
Sonic Bodhi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Sonic Bodhi wrote:
Well I'M pretty stoked that the update to 3.1.2 seemed to go pretty seamlessly on my Kronos 2 Platinum Edition.

Anyway, this is NOT a big issue (or is it?) but someone should let Korg know that they forgot to include the p.d.f. of the "KRONOS_Update_and_Restore" document in their latest update zip file. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Just sayin'.

Wot ?

A dedicated Kronos owner would have the steps memorized

Wink

I am NEW to the Kronos, in case you hadn't read any of my other posts, which you probably haven't, but yes, I already had the steps memorized from the last update I did. My post was for the benefit of people who may have JUST bought theirs more recently than I did. But give me six months with this machine and I'll be willing to bet you I can give YOU advice on what to do when you get stuck. Very Happy
alex_herrero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one having detuning issues after the 3.1.2 upgrade?
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=714169#714169
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Bodhi wrote:
GregC wrote:
Sonic Bodhi wrote:
Well I'M pretty stoked that the update to 3.1.2 seemed to go pretty seamlessly on my Kronos 2 Platinum Edition.

Anyway, this is NOT a big issue (or is it?) but someone should let Korg know that they forgot to include the p.d.f. of the "KRONOS_Update_and_Restore" document in their latest update zip file. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Just sayin'.

Wot ?

A dedicated Kronos owner would have the steps memorized

Wink

I am NEW to the Kronos, in case you hadn't read any of my other posts, which you probably haven't, but yes, I already had the steps memorized from the last update I did. My post was for the benefit of people who may have JUST bought theirs more recently than I did. But give me six months with this machine and I'll be willing to bet you I can give YOU advice on what to do when you get stuck. Very Happy

I am sure you can and will help me on advice in 6 months.

I was going to ask you for membership in your crs (from 1 of your posts) club Smile
Melomaniak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also from me: Many thanks to Korg!!! Applause Applause Applause

These things could be nice:

- The posibility to set the damper pedal to lower and/or main sound in the Quick-Split-Mode

- The possibility to select the icons for each category. I defined my own categories and subcategories, but in Quick-Split and -Layer mode the icons from the "factory" categories are shown Sad

And yes, KK, that would be also nice, cause I have completly my own sound sorting:
- The possibility to define what appears by default as the Quick Layer instrument and Quick Split instrument (maybe in Global Mode too).
chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Everything is at the same place - the download section on the Korg site. Here is the direct link for the release notes :

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/3543/

Thanks for this
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Korg! The AL1 step sequencer disappear bug which I reported was fixed. And I love the split and layer function. The only pity is that you cannot record or sample in that mode - it is only for creating combis on the fly.

But there's still one to fix - when you sample in sampling mode, and then try to set the upper zone so sample is playable with the whole keys, I cannot modify it instantly. First I have to delete the default multisample and reassign samples to the new default one. Only then upper zone can be modified by slider. Am I the one with such a problem, or is it intended behaviour?
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
pollytronman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was holding this update off until a fix for Karma was released. Updated it today withoout any problem.

The quick layer / split is awesome. Very customizable too.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 3.1.2 is at http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/306/1514/
but it is referred to as "Kronos Gold System Updater"
Is this definitely for every Kronos, and not just the Gold?
I ask especially in light of the fact that the newest version listed on the standard support page for the Kronos is still 3.0.4
http://i.korg.com/SupportPage.aspx?productid=598

While I'm asking, that same support page says that the newest Mac driver is 1.2.0 (r4) but when I went to install it, it said I already had something newer, and sure enough--although I don't remember where I got it from, possibly some other (non-Kronos) Korg product--I already have 1.2.3 (r5). Is there any reason I might want to revert to the older version (i.e. the latest version listed on the Kronos support page) for working with the Kronos (i.e. might that be the most recent version that has been fully tested with the Kronos)?

ETA: Never mind, I see that the page for 3.1.2 specifically says further down that it is recommended for all Kronos models. I'm going to assume the newest driver is okay, too, and will try it with that. I don't know why they can't keep their web info and download pages reasonably current though...
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Is this definitely for every Kronos, and not just the Gold?

Yes, the updates are so far always for all Kronos. I have a 1st generation Kronos, so I can confirm

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
tdwctdwc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call on this update Korg. Loving the new quick split/layer feature. Comes very handy!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Quick and Easy Reply with quote

I don't know why but I never got an e-mail regarding the update. I guess it is time to follow Korg on Twitter.
I did not need to because the Kronos is all I really need!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick and Easy Reply with quote

Diego5150 wrote:
I don't know why but I never got an e-mail regarding the update. I guess it is time to follow Korg on Twitter.
I did not need to because the Kronos is all I really need!

ugh, twitteer

Its easy to book mark this site and check out any news once a week or more
Schmooster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While some of you trigger-happy fanboys are quick to criticise MY criticism of Korg it's perfectly obvious that you simply don't listen or pay attention to what you read.
I'm not being ungrateful to KORG over the original update, in fact I'm extremely grateful to them - what I object to is the release of an update that comes with new flaws with new features that render the update unusable for most - I for one didn't bother with it and I'm far from being the ONLY one.

What annoys me is the way some people bow down to them like they're Demi-gods when all they've actually done here is fix what they messed up in the previous release and asked the question "Please explain how they could NOT have done this" - yes thank you Korg for fixing something that up until now has been totally pointless.

THIS is what the original update should have provided as it's what it said it provided but didn't.

So Korg, for doing what you said was already done but wasn't, I thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: