Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A month till namm... (speculations)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post.

Last edited by Koekepan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Thanks for the info.
I haven't come across anything from Roland which clarifies exactly what material in the FA warrants this warning, but if I were in the shoes of a manufacturer I would try to avoid these kind of warning labels by using different materials ASAP.

Edited down for "no politics rule":

It didn't actually work out the way you seem to expect, so you'll probably see those labels for a long time to come on synth manufacturer literature.

Last edited by Koekepan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Thanks for the info.
I haven't come across anything from Roland which clarifies exactly what material in the FA warrants this warning, but if I were in the shoes of a manufacturer I would try to avoid these kind of warning labels by using different materials ASAP.

I guess this is a little off-topic, but it hasn't had quite the effect you anticipate. A lot of people have started making fun of those labels, and ignoring them, because the actual list of substances covered includes things you'll be exposed to in a filthy superfund site - but also a flowering meadow.

However little sense it makes, and however much of a public relations failure it has been, it's very difficult to repeal a voters' proposition in California, so manufacturers like Roland are stuck putting a label on it, without regard to pharmaceutical realities such as dosage levels, theories of operation or anything like that.

Oh well. Californian tax dollars at work.

The state has always been strong on consumer/environmental protection

Sharp is very clear on ' no politics ' here.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want at the moment is an Arturia Keystep "Pro". Full size keys, 4 octaves with multi CV/Gate outputs. C'mon Arturia, I know you can do it.

I imagine there's a desperate need for affordable Modular controllers - But where are they? Rolling Eyes
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKAI's new MPC has me wondering if this is the beginning of a new trend where you get both stand-alone and software versions of a particular product?
Roland did this before AKAI with the plug-out concept, and considering that I regularly come across comments where people wish for a stand-alone versions of for example NI's Maschine or Ableton Live it could be that others will follow where Roland and AKAI have gone.
Maybe someday we'll also see a KRONOS successor as both a standalone and a software version?
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Korg do the entire legacy line plugin : 707/DW8000,01/W, Trinity, Z1, Triton with all cards/expansions....And don't forget about the drum machines DDD and S3 with all cards...Oh, and the Poly 800....Probably not in my lifetime....moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonMusic wrote:
I'd love to see Korg do the entire legacy line plugin : 707/DW8000,01/W, Trinity, Z1, Triton with all cards/expansions....And don't forget about the drum machines DDD and S3 with all cards...Oh, and the Poly 800....Probably not in my lifetime....moon

Personally i hope they will not do these as VST / Gadget plugins... but as part of a Kronos follow up with KORG pluglin support...
afr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.roland.com/global/products/gokeys_go-61kl/

https://www.roland.com/global/products/gopiano_go-61p/

New RUBIX USB Audio Interface

https://www.roland.com/global/categories/production/audio_midi_interfaces/
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odd at some point Korg will show a redesigned workstation, Kronos like, but also including an analog portion, like a built in Arp or Minilogue. Just wondering.
eli125

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonight is the day 12am korg says on the 12th of jan comes some big news next level music lets wait and see
wma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roland & kurzweil are teasing - coming up with some new stuff , roland has their arranger e-a7 for more than a year, maybe they come up with the flagship of the line, and might be a new full-size 61/76 synth or workstation, the FA was a mid-rage, maybe they come up with a more advanced one that is hybrid analogue & digital
pjd37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Recent Yamaha patents and music tech Reply with quote

Hi --

With NAMM 2017 coming up, I wrote and posted a summary of some recent patents obtained by Yamaha. The survey might give you an idea about what Yamaha have up their sleeve, especially future arranger products.

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/yamaha-patents-summary-2017/

Enjoy -- pj Idea

Music technology blog: http://sandsoftwaresound.net/
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

As long as you don't eat your keyboard, you'll be fine. Wink Your wellbeing is far more endangered from your deodorant. Humans are hysterical.

Anyhow, Yamaha is teasing about their DX7, which seems to indicate a dedicated FM-X synth will show up, but I'm jonesing for a CS-80 synth with a full dual control panel. A VA will do nicely.

Roland's System-8, JD-XA and JD-Xi are standing solid for their synth line up, so I'm not expecting any new polys on that front. The Fantom replacement is seriously overdue, but if one doesn't show up, the FAs will definitely fill the bill nicely. I am expecting an Integra-based workstation though.

Kurzweil is SERIOUSLY late to the K3000 party, milking the PC3 engine in a series of products. But if they continue down this road one more year, maybe the VA-1 will finally manifest.

Arturia finally seems comfy in producing hardware. I know MatrixBrute will be absorbing a lot of their resources, but could this be the year we see a new Origin II? I would so spend monies on that.

Dave Smith seems to have produced a new box. I'm thinking a synth is in there...

And Moog. Voyager is discontinued, and they went ahead with a darn perfect Model D. Could this be the basis for a new programmable mono? Even a poly? Or would the Sub 37 architecture be a better foundation for that?

So... KORG. Wink What the heck are they up to? If Jack Hotop himself is teasing about something, it must be pretty special. Kronos is a fantastic workstation/performance/synth keyboard, the best on the market even after six years, but technology has marched pretty far down the road in six years, and eleven since the birth of OASYS. KingKORG is a very nice VA synth but I actually prefer the Radias. But they have some nice analog tech going on with Odyssey and Minilogue. Could an analog poly be lurking behind the curtains of Time? A new workstation? Performance synth like Montage?

Darn, I could use a Delorean right now... Razz
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="synthguy"]
Jan1 wrote:

Kurzweil is SERIOUSLY late to the K3000 party, milking the PC3 engine in a series of products. But if they continue down this road one more year, maybe the VA-1 will finally manifest.

They are still on the Forte,.. Indeed the synth engine of the PC3x, with a huge amount of 16GB from which over 3 for user samples..

The engine itselves because of its semi-modularity is still competitive however.. because non of the others did any real changes.. And its a beast of an engine...with a VAST array of possibilities..
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studiologic has a new Numa Compact 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: