Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg iOS synths as Audio Units?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Korg iOS synths as Audio Units? Reply with quote

Korg,
Please consider upgrading the iOS apps to Audio Units.
I'd love to run multiple instances of ARP odyssey and other synths outside of gadget and into other daw such as cubasis and the likes.
The audio unit architecture resolves the 1 instance per inter app audio restriction imposed by iOS/apple
Wouldn't mind paying for this feature as an in- app purchase for a nominal fee, if that's what it takes.
THX!
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
gjvti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big + from me to this.
My ios ARP ODYSSEi purchase is on hold just because it is not available as AU for iOS.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it's a pity not being able to use multiple instances of such a phat & good sounding Synth.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
chimp_spanner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with this. I love the gadgets, but I'm not so big on the whole pattern/scene workflow. If I could have instruments as high quality as the gadgets but with a full sequencer like Cubasis, I'd probably be able to do half of my work without ever having to go near my laptop!
jblongz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1.
I will not buy any iPad apps without Audio Unit support. There is no reason tolerate the limitations of AudioBus and Interapp audio when the AUv3 standard saves the state of state apps (total recall!). I don't care if the app is $1....no AU support, no purchase.
SirBaldy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say, that I agree with the above comments.

Why?

Like some of you on this forum, I am using Cubasis.
I have managed to get the iM1 -sort of- working in its Multi Mode,
but only via the onscreen keyboard, and Not via an external Kbd.

what a giant pain in the bum

From what I can tell, this is because the iM1s global channel will always pickup the keyboard directly..
And even though i route MIDI through to the iM1, this does not work.

now.. i’ve been sequencing since the Atari days, and it
SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT.

So, in short
Please do the AU thing, it’s very important.
vikialla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Korg Gadgets as auv3 Reply with quote

+1

Would be really great, though having feeling like I'm only dreaming..
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Au3 compatibility is definitely heavily overdue for Korg Apps.

At the moment, Korg offers well sounding plugins, yes.
But they offer them on the crappiest, lowest standard of integration: inter app audio (that's not even including interapp midi!). This is, plain and simple, a complete crap standard, below all eveyday usability, and makes their apps pretty much unuseable, whenever midi-routing through separate channels is required.

For example, when recording in Cubasis, you have to flip back and forth between the DAW and Korg apps, setting them to midi channel 1 to get anything recorded with your controller keyboard, and then again setting midi channels both in their apps and Cubasis back to the proper playback channel, to avoid channel confusion when playing back and recording other tracks:
that's COMPLETELY UNUSEABLE IN EVERYDAY USE!

So at the moment, I catch myself hardly using my well sounding Korg apps for recording any more, and use the rapidly growing amount of quality AU3 synths and apps instead.

It is completely beyond me, how the same develoment team can be smart enough to program all the good sounding stuff, and at the same time be dumb enough to stay with the lowest crap level of app integration into iOS. And I wouldn't react so harsh, if this nonsense woudln't have gone on for MUCH too long, without any change in sight, while all the better apps change to au3 format one by one.

This is not just generally sub-standard, it is sub-common-Korg standard as well! Korg will simply lose big parts of their iOS customer base, if they go on like that.
642Carl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Cubasis and I love Korg's iM1. This is a great combination for song writing and music production, but they don't play well together.
Please Korg (if you're even listening) update iM1 with Audio Unit compatibility.

Nice to have would be
- transport controls
- a way to store Favorites (I purchased ALL the iM1 addon cards and it would be great to be able to store/tag favorite patches)

Carl
oddSTAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for AUv3 support for all KORG apps, but especially the synth apps. Allowing AUv3 within Gadget would be amazing, though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: