Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 - 88 LS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratario

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Kronos 2 - 88 LS Reply with quote

Has anybody seen this? You can see the page translated to English. Note that after touch is not supported.

http://www.korg.com/jp/products/synthesizers/kronos2_ls/
Stratario

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newly designed LS keyboard with light touch that allows light performance. Casual KRONOS-88 key model.

KRONOS, a music workstation with nine different sound sources, boasting the highest performance in the history of Korg. From a piano to an organ and a synth to a physical sound source, as one proposal to bring out the potential of its broad sound, it is easy to play the piano, newly adds a light key touch key model suitable for organ and synth performance It was.

The dark brown body in a calm atmosphere, the sunburst side wood for enhancing the joy of owning the instrument, I will promise you a different cheer for you on the stage with KRONOS. KRONOS LS, born.

Adopt new keyboard of light touch to achieve light performance.

New design for KRONOS for light touch key, which is easy to play with organ phrases and synth fast phrases and glissando. We also reviewed the structure of the keyboard itself, making it easier to control velocity, even with complicated codes and more difficult-to-play phrases than the conventional light / touch keyboard (61 keys). Because it is a waterfall box type keyboard which is the same as before, it realizes a light performance feeling of synth keyboard without impairing already established design balance. Also, because it is a semi-weighted keyboard, you can enjoy playing with a lot of code such as piano and electric piano with confidence in the reaction with a firm feeling to your fingertips.

We achieved 6.3 kg weight reduction compared to 88 key weighted model.

By adopting the new key, we realized a weight reduction of 6.3 kg compared with the KRONOS-88 key model using the conventional piano keyboard. It is lighter than 3kg even compared with the 73 key model, greatly reducing the burden of carrying instruments and setting.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

English translation:-
https://ask.audio/articles/new-korg-kronos-ls-88-synth-workstation-officially-revealed
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Artmuzz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos LS looks not bad though it's a pity Korg didn't release a light weighted mini compact version of the Kronos with either a two octave full size keyboard or with three octave mini keys that can be put in a bag and taken anywhere.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god please don't give them ideas like that.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

Ha, too late!
Now they are determined to expand the KRONOS family with a two octave Portable Edition, mini keys, 6 AAA battery powered operation mode, no aftertouch and as a special feature no velocity sensitivity, mini jacks, and a tiny non-backlit LCD display screen to bestow an air of nineties nostalgia on the musician.
All this for the modern day musician who seems to be continuously traveling with a backpack to a park nearby where he will press buttons and trigger sounds accompanied by pre-fabricated tin can arpeggios and styles.
Even when it rains.

If that's the way of the future I'd rather be an old fart.
navydave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

Ha, too late!
Now they are determined to expand the KRONOS family with a two octave Portable Edition, mini keys, 6 AAA battery powered operation mode, no aftertouch and as a special feature no velocity sensitivity, mini jacks, and a tiny non-backlit LCD display screen to bestow an air of nineties nostalgia on the musician.
All this for the modern day musician who seems to be continuously traveling with a backpack to a park nearby where he will press buttons and trigger sounds accompanied by pre-fabricated tin can arpeggios and styles.
Even when it rains.

If that's the way of the future I'd rather be an old fart.

Good for jamming around the campfire Very Happy Make sure it has internal speakers too! Laughing
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited about the keyboard, but dear God in Heaven, is it REALLY old DX7-era Moose-poop brown?

..Joe
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 I like all you propose. Specially pocket ver. of Kronos (mini keys) but I will add one line monochrome LCD display, it's chipper, more lighter (we have to think about backing of our pockets) and harder to read, and this well our nostalgia (I like yours observation very much) for hard reading display. Of course, in the night or low light you don't need to read anything, already is bad for eyes (I mean night reading). Batteries for this beast is too much retro, solar cells will be much better, but this will rise the price of beast and need for Sun. New OS will base of DOS v.3.30 kernel, programmed in Clipper for fast manipulation with prg and combies (easy for programming from one command line). Best wishes my friends with this special Christmas offer.
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK

Last edited by Pedja on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
gjvti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself don't see anything wrong with battery powered tablet format Kronos engine, which could be played via external controller to users preference, but if Korg made something like that this would disappoint many people who would lose ground to complain about not proper key action, keybed size, panel colour, screen angle etc. So I believe Korg don't want to disappoint those people, so no worries... no bacpak version ... Razz
gnbutt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any indicators of the retail price of this unit and when it might be in the music stores in Canada ? Cheers !
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
gnbutt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the comedy. I had stated in an earlier post that I was definitely buying the next generation of the Kronos 2 in 2017, whatever it might be, probably in a 76 key model. I wonder, however, who the LS is targeted for in an 88 key version. Myself, I am not a professional musician, just a musical fella who gigs in an older cover band locally. I have had a Studio Triton 76, M3, all of which were "flagships" at the time and very good keyboards. Retiring these now, its onto a new keyboard. I have followed the Kronos for many years and would like to buy one. However, given the fact that I can now get a Kronos 2 61 or 76 at a pretty reasonable price even slightly used, what realistically does a Limited version of a Kronos 88 offer with less features, lighter weight etc. to the consumer ? a larger lighter synth action keyboard with some/most of the Kronos features ? It's confusing. One has to wonder where the path of Korg is going into the future. I do believe that Korg has demonstrated itself is a leader in the keyboard industry with the OASYS, Kronos, but lately with the LS version of the 88, are consumers going to be seeing the advent of cheaper professional products going the route of transistor radios in their makeup, all plastic and more disposable every few years. Are keyboards going downhill from here in terms of build quality, reliability and features in order to sell ? Anyone out there with a crystal ball ? Rolling Eyes
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Artmuzz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjvti wrote:
I myself don't see anything wrong with battery powered tablet format Kronos engine, which could be played via external controller to users preference, but if Korg made something like that this would disappoint many people who would lose ground to complain about not proper key action, keybed size, panel colour, screen angle etc. So I believe Korg don't want to disappoint those people, so no worries... no bacpak version ... Razz

The Roland boutique synths and the Yamaha refaced synths are small, compact and have mini keys and run on batteries yet they seem popular.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I think Korg just realizes the majority of Kronos consumers are weekend warriors and the current 73 and 88 versions are really friggin heavy. I was really hoping for a 76/73 lightweight model, but the LS 88 being 39 Lbs, I'm giving it serious consideration.
gnbutt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a good point. I bought a Hammond Sk2 last year for the same reason. Lightweight with great sound too. For a gigging guy like me, maybe the LE 88 without the weight and which I can carry around in a Gater gig bag is the way to go. Smile I get it now. Long Live Road Warriors. Have a very Merry Christmas folks ! Best wishes from up in Northern Ontario. Graydon
Roland FA-06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: