Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bye Bye Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevomuzo2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Bye Bye Kronos Reply with quote

Well, it's time to say goodbye to my short lived Kronos 22 88 Platinum. So fed up with so many issues, I am going back to a Yamaha Montage 8 where I know I will be happy!
No more 2 minute bootups, no more poor guitar/piano/orchestral sounds that the only option I am given to improve is to pay through the nose to a 3rd party developer. No more inaccessible Karma where once again, it's a payment to a 3rd party developer!!
Wow, nearly forgot about the terrible keybed which is the worst I have ever played in 30 years.
So glad I won't be having issues with power buttons, SSD failures after the initial 3 year warranty has run out. Won't have to put up with the miserable sods at Tech Support in Milton Keynes taking 3-4 days to simply call you back with a problem you'll have probably already sorted.
Only thing that is great about this keyboard is you guys who really do make this forum work, so it will be a shame not to be able to participate in such a great forum, but hey-ho, them's the brakes as they say!
So I wanted to say thanks to you all for your tremendous help whilst I have been a Korg owner and should any of my friends become owners of a Kronos, I shall know which direction to point them in!.
Kind regards
Steve
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say, except mine's a keeper, and no intentions of getting a Montage.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Kronos Reply with quote

stevomuzo2 wrote:
Well, it's time to say goodbye to my short lived Kronos 22 88 Platinum. So fed up with so many issues, I am going back to a Yamaha Montage 8 where I know I will be happy!

So glad I won't be having issues with power buttons, SSD failures after the initial 3 year warranty has run out. Won't have to put up with the miserable sods at Tech Support in Milton Keynes taking 3-4 days to simply call you back with a problem you'll have probably already sorted.
Only thing that is great about this keyboard is you guys who really do make this forum work, so it will be a shame not to be able to participate in such a great forum, but hey-ho, them's the brakes as they say!
So I wanted to say thanks to you all for your tremendous help whilst I have been a Korg owner and should any of my friends become owners of a Kronos, I shall know which direction to point them in!.
Kind regards
Steve

it sounds like you have a defective Kronos. I would not like going back and forth Too bad, you could not ( ?) insist on a new replacement.

I don't think the Kronos is exactly an everyman keyboard. Especially if it was your first Korg.

Best of luck to your music making
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck!

I'm fortunate in that my 5 year old Kronos is still fine.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine the Montage as a replacement for the Kronos. It's not in the same class. But a nice addition as a performance keyboard.

And although I'm no Karma expert, the few extra dollars for the Karma software is well worth it. Yamaha does have better guitars in my opinion but that's about it. Kid Nepro has some awesome guitars that are quite reasonably priced.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
I can't imagine the Montage as a replacement for the Kronos. It's not in the same class. But a nice addition as a performance keyboard.

its a nice addition if can afford to spend $3500 or more for a ' 2nd keyboard'

for that cost, it should standalone nicely . Its not complete, IMO
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

its a nice addition if can afford to spend $3500 or more for a ' 2nd keyboard'

for that cost, it should standalone nicely . Its not complete, IMO

I agree, its not complete. There are a lot of nice things about the Montage and I want to like it but it does have a lot of limitations for what I want.

Their constant statement of get used to the new workflow just annoys me.
Spieler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok such decisons to change to another brand are allways possible. But the question is fit the Montage the needs of the player. For me it didn't and therfore i bought a kronos and sold my MOTIF XF. Yamaha needed more over 10 years to implement a seemless Sound switch and the possibilities of the sequenzer on the Montage is really bad compared to Kronos. And that was for the Argument to buy an Kronos.
stevomuzo2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Bye Bye Kronos Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I also use Komplete 11 Ultimate so to be honest, no keyboard I have is used as just standalone in my setup which includes Cubase. I suppose I have just got more used to Yamaha keyboards over the years having been an avid XF7 and XF8 owner previously.

I realise that there isn't a single keyboard out there that can satisfy everyone's requirements and I think it would be a utopia if such a thing existed. It's just I feel that for the £900 or such I paid for Komplete Ultimate, I have received so much more than some overrated samples for a hell of a lot of money from the offerers at the Korg Shop - some of the vendors don't even offer demos or auditions.

Yamaha could have offered a sequencer, but they didn't from the start. They should have realised from customer feedback that the sequencer in the XF had been widely received as one of the best available - their bad I'm afraid.

Anyway, have a super evening guys and until me Kronos waves me goodbye on Thursday, I'll keep my hand in if that's okay
Very Happy
tomto66

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, it's not because you no longer own a Kronos that you'd not be welcome on this forum any more. By all means stick around.
lcceo22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Cosign on the guitars. They're unusable. Reply with quote

I've come across a few patches that are useable but it's a huge, gaping, glaring weakness after upgrading from a MOXF.

I prefer the Kronos overall but those guitar patches as well as the effects used on them are pretty much irreplaceable. I can't find anything that competes and I have Kronos, Komplete, Sample Tank 3, and Halion Sonic 2.

I also had East West Composer Cloud and let that lapse after the first month. It's the only thing that makes me somewhat regret my decision to switch, but the Kronos has so much going for it otherwise it's ultimately not a contest to me.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cosign on the guitars. They're unusable. Reply with quote

lcceo22 wrote:
I've come across a few patches that are useable but it's a huge, gaping, glaring weakness after upgrading from a MOXF.

I prefer the Kronos overall but those guitar patches as well as the effects used on them are pretty much irreplaceable.

I think you are saying the guitars ( on the Kronos) are a huge, gaping, glaring weakness. Compared to the Motif.

Maybe you can nail this down further. E guitars ? Acoustic guitars ? Distorted E guitars ?
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that I am a former Motif XF owner all of those guitars out of the box sound better on the Motif than the Kronos and IMHO you would have to invest in some third party sound libraries for the Kronos in the guitar sound department.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long has the Kronos 2 platinum edition been out? SS failures after three years of warranty? Has the Kronos 2 been out three years let alone the platinum? Apparently I am missing some time.
marc1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SSD failures after three years of warranty? Has the Kronos 2 been out three years let alone the platinum?

Well, this is something which also rang some bells with me. But then again, some users don't mean it literally what they write here on this forum (takes time to get used to this kind of "creative writing style"). Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: