Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what comes after kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wma wrote:
benny ray wrote:
wma wrote:
nope, didn't hear about this anywhere, i just though korg might follow up with yamaha, korg did almost through all the possible features and their sound library in the kronos so i wonder what would be offered even better other than better samples and digital converters - For me, montage is noticeably sounds better than kronos

I don't know about sounding better other than the piano?

acoustic/electric guitars, brass/saxes/woodwinds, strings/ensembles, and the fm sounds to me better than mood7 - maybe it's because of the digital
converters...

I think you have 2 choices.

Buy a Montage now since it sounds better.

Wait until Jan 2017 NAMM to see if Korg does have something new. If so, evaluate 'what sounds better ' to you at that time

Even if you change your mind after buying a Montage, you should have no problem selling it since it sounds so great.
wma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait for even more than year but get a korg - may later when a lower-end of the montage comeout i get one too - it feel the successor of the kronos lineup is not so far
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
wma wrote:
benny ray wrote:
wma wrote:
nope, didn't hear about this anywhere, i just though korg might follow up with yamaha, korg did almost through all the possible features and their sound library in the kronos so i wonder what would be offered even better other than better samples and digital converters - For me, montage is noticeably sounds better than kronos

acoustic/electric guitars, brass/saxes/woodwinds, strings/ensembles, and the fm sounds to me better than mood7 - maybe it's because of the digital
converters...

Wait until Jan 2017 NAMM to see if Korg does have something new. If so, evaluate 'what sounds better ' to you at that time

Even if you change your mind after buying a Montage, you should have no problem selling it since it sounds so great.

Why?

Kronos is still selling good... Yamaha stepping out of the workstation market made sure of that.

Make that January 2018, that gives Korg Japan one more year of development, i dont see much reason for Korg to hurry?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
GregC wrote:
wma wrote:
benny ray wrote:
wma wrote:

converters...

Why?

Kronos is still selling good... Yamaha stepping out of the workstation market made sure of that.

Make that January 2018, that gives Korg Japan one more year of development, i dont see much reason for Korg to hurry?

Keep in mind, that there could be considerable lag time between ' announcing ' a new flagship and then shipping it. We have seen a lag of 5-7 months.

We just disagree. I think Korg has had plenty of time to plan. A company does not ' wait' for unit sales to slow before launching a new product. They know how to plan.

Don't overlook that VI's are getting better all the time.

Its also a battle for what I called 'mindshare ' and a musicians limited budget.

You may have noticed that musicians are a fickle demanding bunch. I think its best to capitalize when conditions are good.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Yamaha left the high end workstation market for what it is, but they still are active in the midrange, and I expect a follow up to the MOXF utilizing the ROM in the Montage in the near future (possibly at NAMM or Frankfurt?).

I think that KORG will first make a successor to the KROME in order to compete in the midrange, then proceed to introduce a follow up to the KRONOS.
I'd love to be wrong about that and suddenly see the KRONOS successor appear next year, but I am not expecting this to happen.

At the moment KORG is the only company producing a good high end workstation...it is a pity neither Yamaha or Roland decided to issue a next generation Motif/Fantom.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see something on the lines of Roland's plug-out architecture.
i.e. if they are going deeper into V/A, then a system like that makes a lot of sense where you could buy off modules / plugins from korg and install on your device. Pair that with a touch screen, good physical control surface and a decent keybed (like the kronos 61).

Something like the Korg Gadget app for Ipad but on Steroids. As a complete synth product/entity.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List

Last edited by amit on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still rockin' & rollin' w/ the Triton Classic, perhaps Korg might release a Tone Adjust upgrade?

Soon.
Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Tone Adjust in everything, even the Karma... really?... who plays the Karma.

Nobody.
Embarassed
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Yamaha left the high end workstation market for what it is, but they still are active in the midrange, and I expect a follow up to the MOXF utilizing the ROM in the Montage in the near future (possibly at NAMM or Frankfurt?).

I think that KORG will first make a successor to the KROME in order to compete in the midrange, then proceed to introduce a follow up to the KRONOS.
I'd love to be wrong about that and suddenly see the KRONOS successor appear next year, but I am not expecting this to happen.

At the moment KORG is the only company producing a good high end workstation...it is a pity neither Yamaha or Roland decided to issue a next generation Motif/Fantom.

In addition to Korg owning the W/s marketplace, there is a bigger picture to consider.

The economy, at least in the US is good. California, in particular, is doing well. For a discretionary purchase such as a new $4000 w/s or product, that is important.

Its a good time to launch a new high end, expensive product. In a year or so, things or the general trend can change, economically.

I just see January 2017 as very good timing.
wma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should virtually design a workstation with its controlls & controll surface and deside what features we want like an integrated audio interface at the level of high end audio interfaces today on the market and can act as a dedicated audio interface so we don't beed to get a dedicated/better one and keep our desks surfaces clean of extra stuff with less cabes and mess - the same with respect to the midi interface and also to have good integration with DAWs featuring audiolink and such stuff and let the vst plug-in integrateswell and acts as if its a part of the keyboard not only the keyboard acts as a plug-in

and then suggest it to korg - maybe they make a keyboard everyone wishs for and wveryone finds the featues he wants
gjvti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
If the do another I would love to see it keyless so I could easily integrate it into a Seaboard, grand or rise or joint board. I love the seaboard surface and interface and having a masterpiece like a Kronos built with it n mind would be great.

I absolutely second this approach. With so many controller choices available - traditional and alternative MPE compatible, I see that there must be keyboard-less version. Even based on current hardware design using Nano ITX Atom board should allow to squeeze Kronos in approximate Radias-R sized enclosure and to my estimate most controls (nearly all essential controls) also fit in 4U/5U rack space with clever alignment, but that would require designing new USB and controller boards, what would require lot of investment in development - so obviously this is why Korg is refusing to do that. Knowing that all the processing is done in the ITX atom board anyway it is a shame, of course, that there is no at least touch screen only based module version... but unfortunately that is it.... and I rather doubt that there will be any serious evolution for Kronos Sad
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.I would not be surprised to see the new shape of the Kronos be revealed as a plugin. That also wouldn't bother me in the least as long as it had all it has now.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Agreed.I would not be surprised to see the new shape of the Kronos be revealed as a plugin. That also wouldn't bother me in the least as long as it had all it has now.

Korg is playing in the low price app space with Gadget/Module. I think they should further develop that.

I have noticed that Kprg has not ' commoditized ' their prior synths like the Extreme, Trinity, into software only versions or you could call it plug ins.

I am not sure they want to abandon future w/s sales by going a software Kronos. Since its usually all about money, don't hold your breath.

I would like Korg to make a step towards that with the Trinity/Triton series.
street

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha just added custom user arpeggios in the new 1.2 update for Montage. so hope is not gone. with such feature, for me is enough.
in the Kronos you must use software, to create a so called GE!
NormC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

street wrote:
Yamaha just added custom user arpeggios in the new 1.2 update for Montage. so hope is not gone. with such feature, for me is enough.
in the Kronos you must use software, to create a so called GE!

For $169 you can get the Karma software to create your own GEs which as you already know are more than just arpeggios.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: